Sign in to follow this  
MDFlier

Secondary display stuck open

I bought this today. It is my 1st FS2Crew package. I'm learning. I'm following the tutorial on my first flight, and while playing around in cruise I did the cruise PA announcement. I then pressed the SEC button on the primary display in an attempt to close the secondary display. The 2nd display flashes, but it does not close. I tried right clicking on it and selecting close window, but that does not work either. Has anyone else seen this? I've got 803 more miles to go looking at the PA announcement screen. 😠

Update: I slid the second display panel off the left side of the screen with just enough showing to allow me to grab it when I needed it. At some point shortly after TOD, it started working correctly. I could open and close it at will with the SEC button.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Update: This happened to me again. "Lock" was NOT on. I figured it out so I'll share the answer just in case this happens to anyone else. 

I had inadvertently pressed the "PA" button on the radio panel. This opens up the FS2Crew secondary window to the announcements page, which makes perfect sense. As long as the PA light is lit on the panel, you can press "Sec" on the FS2Crew panel trying to close that window until the cows come home even if "Lock" is not selected. Selecting "1-VHF" on the radio panel allows the secondary window to be closed.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440