Sign in to follow this  
Guest emkramer

FSX performance - Terrain!

Guest emkramer

Terrain detail is not particularly important to me. So I turned terrain resolution to ~300m (can't remember the exact number) and complexity to 10. The sim still looks great, but now instead of 10-13 fps with scenery at 5m and no traffic, I'm at 19 locked with 1m and auto traffic. It looks significantly better than fs9, and it for all intents and purposes is just as playable. For the record:P4 2.8 GHz 800 MHz fsbMad Dog Radeon 9550(SE) 256 MB1GB PC3200 1024x768x32AA on in gameTrilinearNo BloomGlobal textures at HighRadius lowcomplexity 10resolution 3xxmwater high 1.xscenery complexity normalautoigen sparseac shadows offall other traffic off except autos at 11I'm going to expeiment next with upping global to very high, and playing with other traffic settings.