Sign in to follow this  
ddavbou

American Airlines Sim Brief briefing

I like the idea of using the airlines specific print out from sim brief but when doing it for American Airlines I can not find the ZFW to input into my FMS can anyone help do some airlines not generate a ZFW.

Thanks for any help

David Boudreau

3 hours ago, ddavbou said:

I like the idea of using the airlines specific print out from sim brief but when doing it for American Airlines I can not find the ZFW to input into my FMS can anyone help do some airlines not generate a ZFW.

Thanks for any help

David Boudreau

I ran a test plan using the AAL template and I didn't see any weights anywhere on it. I'd probably just use the LIDO format. You might want to contact the developer or check the Simbrief forums for an answer.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

thanks for the reply, if you scroll down to what would be page 3 using PDF reading you will see some weights RWT which I belief means ramp weight and PLD which i think is payload beside that you will see the fuel info. it is interesting to see the difference in fuel used between AAL and LIDO formats. If others out there know if I am missing something please let me know.

Thanks again

David

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ddavbou said:

thanks for the reply, if you scroll down to what would be page 3 using PDF reading you will see some weights RWT which I belief means ramp weight and PLD which i think is payload beside that you will see the fuel info. it is interesting to see the difference in fuel used between AAL and LIDO formats. If others out there know if I am missing something please let me know.

Thanks again

David

I checked the SimBrief forum. That is correct, those are the only weights you get. I'm retired US Airways\American Fleet Service. I have some friends who work in Central Load Planning. I'm going to see if they ever see an operational flight plan as part of their duties to see if the Simbrief format is correct.

NAX669.png

On 12/5/2019 at 9:54 PM, mwilk said:

I checked the SimBrief forum. That is correct, those are the only weights you get. I'm retired US Airways\American Fleet Service. I have some friends who work in Central Load Planning. I'm going to see if they ever see an operational flight plan as part of their duties to see if the Simbrief format is correct.

What became of this? Did your friend do the comparison? Thanks.