Sign in to follow this  
psouthan

Suddenly unable to use keyboard commands

Hello ,

I'm suddenly unable to use any of my keyboard commands , pause, view in and out, any of the commands set up up B = brakes etc. It just happened and for the life of me I can't get them to work. Any help greatly appreciated please.

Paul

Not enough information.

Simulator? What happened leading up to this?

Restore the "standard.xml" from your backup files.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I'm using prepar3d 4.5 Windows 10 64bit. When I load the sim I am unable to use any keyboard input. For example I am usually able to press  the key P for park Ctrl shift to navigate between full screen mode and standard mode and use other predefined keyboard keys for a host of functions. F1 F2 etc but now , suddenly I can't use any of them, nothing happens when I press the keys on my keyboard (within Prepar3d).

I mucked about with DPI settings in the Nvidia control panel and I think this has messed things up! Now I am stuffed because being the jerk I am I can't recall what I did exactly . I did try reinstalling the driver but looks like looney here has really fooked it up this time.

Paul

Edited by psouthan

Try plugging in a different keyboard.  I had this happen before for whatever reason I never figured it out. worth a try.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Can you use the key board for anything else like a word processor?  If not, sometimes the USB receptacle  goes "bad", or is not recognized - try another USB port...

every now and then this happens to me.  I simply restart the sim and it's back to normal

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Thank you all for your replies. I am able to use the keyboard for everything except the mapped key commands in Prepar3d. I have tried different ports but to no avail. I have also tried restarting a zillion times. It is sending me nuts (was probably there already).

Paul

Just a shot in the dark, but it happened to me not long ago...

Could it be that your "keyboard input method" somehow has changed?

Like to a different input language? That seriously messed up my key mappings until I understood what happened..

Edited by Orjan

Regards Ørjan Polman

Hardware: i5-4670K, 3,40 GHz, 8 GB RAM, GTX 760, 24' BENQ monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz

56 minutes ago, psouthan said:

Thank you all for your replies. I am able to use the keyboard for everything except the mapped key commands in Prepar3d. I have tried different ports but to no avail. I have also tried restarting a zillion times. It is sending me nuts (was probably there already).

Paul

Something has overridden the default keys..

Open the main menu of P3D, click controls, there is a button there that says, restore defaults..

Regards,
Simbol

This may seem silly but I most often leave my c puter on all the time but then it goes to sleep, I wake it up and go about business.

However, every once in a while I have some issue or other, and sometimes keyboard....I just do a cold reboot and everytime things are fixed.

So, how about a cold reboot? I'm using Win7 Professional so don't know if that compares to Win10.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Thank you again for all your replies. I resolved it! I had a corrupt Prepar3d.cfg. I deleted it and it is now fine again.

Thank you

Paul

Edited by psouthan