Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

TrackIR Question

I just bought a TrackIR and going to use it with FSLabs / PMDG.  I can't figure out a good mix of settings that aren't super sensitive, especially when "rolling" or "yawing" my head.  Someone said there are profiles out there that you can download as well as some profiles within the software itself but I can't figure out how to apply them.  Can anyone point me in the right direction or send me a profile that would be realistic to a jetliner?  Thanks1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Or better yet, can you turn yaw off or make it so it doesn't look like you are banking if you tilt your head a little left or right?  That might help a bunch

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

31 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

can you turn yaw off

you can turn off any one / combination of the 6 DOF's.

i recommend trialling one at time to tweak the response curve to suit you, your monitor etc. .... other's profiles are a bit pointless in my opinion because of these & whether you use a hat clip or the pro clip.

try a flight with yaw & pitch only first & then introduce other DOF's if you choose.

& above all, make sure you have no background light sources (e.g. sun through the window behind) to upset the "flow".

for now, cheers

john martin

Don't bother with other people's profiles, they likely won't suit. Better to figure it out yourself and it's pretty easy once you know how. A lot of people have found it helpful to start here.

• Like 2

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I don't like the default pointy wineglass shape curve, rather I use a flat bowl shape, very low sensitivity and sensitivity change in the center.

42 minutes ago, C2615 said:

I don't like the default pointy wineglass shape curve, rather I use a flat bowl shape, very low sensitivity and sensitivity change in the center.

+1 on the flat bowl shape curve. I have a large screen and I've set the curves for side to side and up down to be completely flat in near the center so that there is no motion if I move my head around a bit near the center of the screen, then as my head moves toward the edge of the screen,  the curve steepens at an ever accelerating rate  to the point I'm looking nearly backwards. Forward backward motion I have a curve set basically one to one to mirror my motion (for going in close, for example).

It feels quite natural now and the range of head movement isn't so large that it becomes uncomfortable.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I've had tracker for about a year now and have pretty much quite using it. The only time I found it helpful was taxing and seemed to aways experience eye strain or headache after a session. I primarily fly PMDG and Leonardo and those addons come with all the pop up panels I need and VC views I can access with a right click of the mouse.  I have my left mouse button programed to the space bar and can pan or zoom anywhere from the left seat. I also have some OPUS camera presets I can access with button presets. My experience is this is less problematic then using a head tracker.

Vic green