Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

FSX Activation Problem

well just off the phone with MS. Theyve confirmed that my product key is indeed invalid. Im going to have to exchange it at the store because they wont be able to issue me a new code for another 4-5 days since its not officially released yet and theyre not really setup to do that sort of thing yet with fsx in a speedy fashion.bummer, this is the first time something like this has happened to me over the years...a misprinted dvd product code .oh well :-)Dave

Unreal, I've never heard of such a thing either. Good luck, I hope they still have it available for you. Grab me a copy too while you're at it, will 'ya? Kidding (waiting, chewing finger-nails for the 17th, LOL)...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I recieved my FSX Deluxe today from Amazon and exactly the same is happening to me. I think it is pretty poor that this is happening but I'm glad I'm not the only one. How does Microsoft think it is going to stamp out piracy if it is going to do this to coustomers who pay good money for their products.Not a happy bunny.Jon.

Jon...the new keys are available now, got mine the other day finally...so you should call MS support so they can generate a new key for you.Obviously the MS computers have either data entered incorrect numbers OR theyre servers never got updated with some of the printed numbers...seems its happened to alot of folks already before release so now im curious to see just how widespread itll be AFTER release!Dave

Guest Brian

Hello Dave,I've got the same problem as you and Jon. I'm in the UK, and unfortunately Microsoft support is closed for the weekend, also my supplier; Just Flight.What telephone number did you ring?

>Hello Dave,>>I've got the same problem as you and Jon. I'm in the UK, and>unfortunately Microsoft support is closed for the weekend,>also my supplier; Just Flight.>>What telephone number did you ring?>>i put these numbers in another post somewhere...but here ya go Brian...theres 2 of them:1-800-426-94001-800-537-8324theyre open on weekends...the first time i spoke to them in fact was last saturday i believe?...anyway...customer service are the folks who issue the new keys...but theyll have to first confirm that your product key is indeed bad..and to do that youll need to have both dvd's and your dvd case handy when you call in as they will want some onfo from those items to check for an invalid code...its a pain in the neck at first reading them all the part #'s and being patient with them, hehe..but once they confirm the code is bad they should give you a new code immediately to use.Dave

Guest Brian

Hi Dave and Jon,Many thanks for your speedy replies.I guess I'll wait until Monday also. Can't imagine the problems ringing from the UK and giving out all those details. :-)All the best!

Hello, I've posted a day or two ago.... I have two copies both deluex and have the same issue with both... MS support tolb sorry can't do anything for at least a week maybe two. I've called all numbers and spoke to the outsourced MS employees in India as well... Oh well what can we do... I'm stuck with 15 min flights almost enough to run the pattern. If I hear anything I'll post it. Oh and EB games on the second floor near the Womans Macy's is selling FSX both versions at West Field Mall in San Jose on Stevens Creek Blvd. Have a great weekend...

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Guest Speed

I was unable to connect to activation servers with beta copy but I just tried the toll free # and punched in the product id and got my beta copy activated.

Guest donbaril

It don't work voice activation does not understand the letters in the first set. You then ask to connect to a person and after you are transferred you get message number not available.Don

Guest Gura

I had the same trouble with the product key for FSX Deluxe as well. I called the 800 numbers Dave provided earlier but since I live in Canada, I was told to call MS support number in Canada.After giving them my name and "hotmail" address on the phone, I received a new product key verbally over the phone. No questions about product key in the box, various numbers on the DVD's, etc. Now up and running, ..ah I mean flying.FYI, the number in Canada is:1-800-876-8533CheersGraham

Guest kilo_sierra17

At least your having good luck, they suggested I reinstall my game since my activation no longer worked and I never had the option to enter a new code, so I reinstall the game but it crashes now whenever it gets to the Register Fonts part of the install, I have searched the forum and havent found any answer, MS said they would get back to me tomorrow.