Sign in to follow this  
Dreamsofwings1

Baffled by issue at ORBX PAVD

Hi, hope someone with a better brain can help with this one!

I have had this issue for months and have posted in the ORBX forum but still not yet resolved.  I have tried every trick I can think of, installing, reinstalling, flushing shaders, verifying files, turning ENVTEX off, turning it on, checking frozen surfaces etc.  I ONLY have this issue here at PAVD and nowhere else at any other other location including Orbx scenery location.

I am using ORBX global, vector, Openlc North America, South Alaska region and the PAVD airport.

Also using chaseplane and PTA though others use same without issue.  Would really appreciate any ideas!

Above is a video of what I am seeing.

Issue 1:  Strange 'baked in'  saw tooth texture in water

Issue 2: An oval of different water surface texture that surrounds the immediate location of the aircraft.

Edited by Dreamsofwings1

Warbird and GA pilot on P3Dv5 & MSFS

Dreamsofwings YouTube channel

1 hour ago, Dreamsofwings1 said:

Hi, hope someone with a better brain can help with this one!

I have had this issue for months and have posted in the ORBX forum but still not yet resolved.  I have tried every trick I can think of, installing, reinstalling, flushing shaders, verifying files, turning ENVTEX off, turning it on, checking frozen surfaces etc.  I ONLY have this issue here at PAVD and nowhere else at any other other location including Orbx scenery location.

I am using ORBX global, vector, Openlc North America, South Alaska region and the PAVD airport.

Also using chaseplane and PTA though others use same without issue.  Would really appreciate any ideas!

Above is a video of what I am seeing.

Issue 1:  Strange 'baked in'  saw tooth texture in water

Issue 2: An oval of different water surface texture that surrounds the immediate location of the aircraft.

I'll check the area and see if I get the same results.

Try disable everything in the scenery.cfg except FTX Alaska & PAVD and see if you are still getting the black patches.

I've seen this issue with MegaRio by Paolo when I was using FSX. I no longer see this in P3D v4 in the same Rio Scenery.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just checked the area in summer and fall seasons with the Lancair and did not see any issues. With HF2 I don't even see the blurry textures that were present in the mountains in other version of P3D v4. The photo scenery looks amazing! I hope you can find a fix to your issue.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Just checked the area in summer and fall seasons with the Lancair and did not see any issues. With HF2 I don't even see the blurry textures that were present in the mountains in other version of P3D v4. The photo scenery looks amazing! I hope you can find a fix to your issue.

Thanks for checking.  I tried without Southern Alaska and had all sorts of mesh issues, even after running vector tool.  Am now running a double check of open water in winter checkboxes across scenery and reinstalling some again.  Those saw tooth strange textures baked into the water make me think there is some conflict somewhere.  Just out of interest do you hve OpenLc NA too?

I don't see exactly the same issue, but, those "saw tooth textures" are the silt lines and although not shown in detail you can even see them on the ORBX product page. (Left column of screenshots, 5th row).  I had not noticed it before, but mine looks quite similar to yours in that area with rough edges in areas.  I did a quick web search of other PAVD shots and interestingly it is much less pronounced in most screenshots.

I normally do not get the oval you mentioned, but,when I paused by sim I do see something similar but it does not follow me and eventually goes away.  I also often very briefly see square lines in the textures that go away as the texture loads.

Edited by Joe L
  • Like 1

Joe Lorenc

@DreamsOfWings

I have the same weird water. Have a look at the Orbx product page and you'll see the same thing.
Dcm5Zxf.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dreamsofwings1 said:

Thanks for checking.  I tried without Southern Alaska and had all sorts of mesh issues, even after running vector tool.  Am now running a double check of open water in winter checkboxes across scenery and reinstalling some again.  Those saw tooth strange textures baked into the water make me think there is some conflict somewhere.  Just out of interest do you hve OpenLc NA too?

No. You want no trace of Vectors in your FTX Regions scenery.cfg file. Disable all the Vector sceneries and try again. See my thread on SimStarter NG.

• Like 1

I think that the semi black wave in the water is part of the photo scenery. The appearing black blocks of textures is definitely not supposed to happen.

• Like 1

OpenLc NA too? YES, but it doesn't need to be active is an FTX region.

13 minutes ago, Joe L said:

I don't see exactly the same issue, but, those "saw tooth textures" are the silt lines and although not shown in detail you can even see them on the ORBX product page. (Left column of screenshots, 5th row).  I had not noticed it before, but mine looks quite similar to yours in that area with rough edges in areas.  I did a quick web search of other PAVD shots and interestingly it is much less pronounced in most screenshots.

I normally do not get the oval you mentioned, but,when I paused by sim I do see something similar but it does not follow me and eventually goes away.  I also often very briefly see square lines in the textures that go away as the texture loads.

I see what you mean, yes.  Thanks1

I, like many, use a PTA preset. That also changes the color of the water and the way certain textures look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I, like many, use a PTA preset. That also changes the color of the water and the way certain textures look.

I have just played with different PTA settings and deactivated PTA just going back to default P3D shaders and still have those squares

Weird, I've the Orbx Base, LC, etc. and PAVD and don't see anything like what you're seeing.

I do have Rex Texture Direct Extended and am also running Tomato Shade (without the reflections part).

Tried an Orbx verify files?

Maybe a seasonal thing?

Little NAV Map will show the bgl files being used for the airport, I've used it to trace and resolve airport clash issues previously.

These two vids are what I'm seeing (and have rechecked today and same).

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Here's a few other shots above the bay.

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D