Sign in to follow this  
KFXE

Runtime Error 75 - RadarContact.rcv4module.atc_ack

Hey guys, Small problem.

RCv 4.3.3845
Windows 10 64bit

Runtime error 75
RadarContact.rcv4module.atc_ack

I think this means it can't find the file (atc.ack)?  But I don't know where to set that up?

To cause the error steps.....

1). Open RC
2). From non full screen window, click GENERAL Tab
3). In Pilot Data Box, Click PLAY THE PLANE DESIGNATION button (small button with speaker on it)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Edited by KFXE

Error 75 is “path not found”. I bet you haven’t pointed RC4 to the folder containing your flight plans. The path should be visible in the bottom left of the main window.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you for such a fast reply Ray.   it is incredibly kind of you to give of your time helping others with this !

Now then, if I understand correctly I need to have the .FLT and .WX path set to the path where these files are located in the FSX directory?

In my case they are in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\MicrosoftGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Flights\kiosk

Should it be the "Other" folder instead of the kiosk folder?

I have set that accordingly in the RCv4 Options.....still...I get that error.

Please forgive me if I've blundered....  :-)

PS...After some thought about your suggestion, I found that I had another directory under DOCUMENTS\Flight Simulator X Files containing the files specific to my RCv4 flight plans so I change the path to that.   But still the same error.

Edited by KFXE

@KFXE, midnight here in England so last reply for the night. It’s been a long time since I had FSX installed so memory is a little rusty. That folder doesn’t sound like the default one. I’m not sure what you mean by the Other folder.

Look under MyDocuments\FSX plans or something similar. That is likely to be the location of your saved plans rather than in the protected Program Files (x86) area.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

:smile:

Thank you sir.  You are a gem.   Have a good rest.  Good night 

• Like 1

This chap had a very similar problem. It might help...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/560362-run-time-error-76/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you.

It seems the root cause of this particular issue was my failure to run RC4 in administrator mode.

I've learned that failure to do that leads to many issues.

It's in the manual but I missed it.   Sometimes reading the instructions a number of times brings things to clarity.

All the best and thanks for your continued support of this magnificent product.

Ah yes, bloody Windows 10 and admin mode. Glad you found the problem. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather