Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

ORBx NCA and SCA with non tubeliners

Hi Everyone I have slowly added a few GA aircraft to my hangar recently which has been fun, since I mainly fly PMDG, Majestic etc level aircraft.

I know flying tubes is pretty taxing on systems Through these areas but how do you find frames and performance for things like the Alabeo C421 and Virtex DA62 type aircraft?

If these fly ok through these areas, without much stuttering and pauses - I would seriously consider picking up some like NCA and KTVL, KMRY etc.

No willing to ask on ORBx site as I want unbiased opinions.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

If you fly through them with tubeliners you'll be fine with GA.  With a few exceptions GA is a lot friendlier on fps than PMDG type stuff

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

SoCal is imo the worst running ftx area no matter what you fly. It’s completely liveable in GA stuff, it’s just a matter of if your computer is a potato or not.

I’ve  flown through 421 all over both regions. My favorite little hidey hole is E45 in NorCal, it’s a bit east of Oakland. 

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

If you fly through them with tubeliners you'll be fine with GA.  With a few exceptions GA is a lot friendlier on fps than PMDG type stuff

I fly tubeliners mainly and the reason I haven’t bought either NCA or SCA is because of the load of them plus tubeliners, traffic and wx.

Interested in how the Alabeo C421 would go in these areas with the complex scenery.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

No problem with my A2A aircraft except in the San Diego area. Also  cranking up the the traffic slider has a big impact in SCA because of the numerous airfields around LAX.

No problem in NCA.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

No problem for me either when using a PMDG airliner.

What I have found very useful is to go the following folders:

• ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery
  • ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery

and move files such as 'ADE_FTX_SCA_00CA.bgl' 'ADE_FTX_SCA_00CA_CVX.bgl' and 'FTX_SCA_objects_00CA_PLC.bgl' to a separate folder. There's about 900 of these files in both locations.

That prevents the ~300 Orbx 'enhanced' airfields in both NorCal and SoCal from displaying. You can add back the airports that you want to visit, unless you have 3rd party alternatives.

I also turn off powerline towers in the Orbx Central control panel for each product.

Balance is key.

GA flying should let you run higher settings than in an airliner, however, if you try to display very dense autogen to the horizon, have GA and airliner traffic at 100%, shadows cast and receive on all objects and cloud density at maximum, any PC is going to struggle.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 hours ago, barramundilure said:

I fly tubeliners mainly and the reason I haven’t bought either NCA or SCA is because of the load of them plus tubeliners, traffic and wx.

Interested in how the Alabeo C421 would go in these areas with the complex scenery.

I would imagine no issues.  What is your system specs?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

SoCal is imo the worst running ftx area no matter what you fly. It’s completely liveable in GA stuff, it’s just a matter of if your computer is a potato or not.

I’ve  flown through 421 all over both regions. My favorite little hidey hole is E45 in NorCal, it’s a bit east of Oakland. 

A close second is FTX EU London. With UK2K EGLL & EGLC it becomes a no fly zone on my aging system.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If you want good performance in Southern California I would suggest looking into simwestSOCAL for scenery.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit