Sign in to follow this  
igorbischi

Transition altitude and level PM call

Hello.

In the ngx version at transition altitude and at transition level I got the PM call to check the barometric pressur. In ngxu version I don' get these calls anymore. Is there a setting for this?

Thank You.

Igor

Igor Bischi

I have only used SOP 2 voice control so far. The FO has called transition altitude when appropriate every time.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

SOP2. Yes, PM calls the transition, but I don't get the reading and the confirm of the barometric pressure, as was in the ngx version. I mean the cross check call.

Edited by igorbischi

Igor Bischi

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E97QLongJ4oCUVd2xPwZa6o3vvtRiaxr

Here is the manual version I found on internet.

Look for the following text: The PM will respond “STANDARD SET, PASSING XXXX ALTITUDE….. NOW!”

It is in the Transition Altitude section.

Actually in my ngx and ngxu manual versions I didn't find this call. However I got the call in my ngx version.

Regards.

Igor

Edited by igorbischi

Igor Bischi

Did you speak "SET STANDARD"?

That's the trigger.

It should go like this in Voice Control:

TRANSITION ALTITUDE:

▪ Passing the Transition Altitude (as defined in the PMDG FMC), the FO will call TRANSITION.

▪ Speak: “SET STANDARD”.

▪ The PM will respond “STANDARD SET, PASSING XXXX ALTITUDE….. NOW!”

▪ Speak: “CHECKED”.

▪ The PM should de-select Terrain on his display at 10,000 feet or the Transition Altitude, whichever is higher.

Thanks for the answer.

I use SOP2, only keyboard. In the ngx version after "SET STANDARD" call I press the button to set standard pressure. Then I heard from PM  “STANDARD SET, PASSING XXXX ALTITUDE….. NOW!". In ngxu version this doesn't happen anymore.

Igor

Igor Bischi

From the Button Control SOP 2 manual:

TRANSITION ALTITUDE:

▪ Passing the Transition Altitude (as defined in the PMDG FMC), the FO will call “TRANSITION”.

▪ Press the STD button on your EFIS panel.

▪ The FO should de-select Terrain on his display at 10,000 feet or the Transition Altitude, whichever is higher.

You pressed STD, right?

You need to press the STD button on your EFIS panel.

Sure, when I wrote "I press the button to set standard pressure" I meant I press STD button on EFIS panel. After that in ngx version I get the PM call “STANDARD SET, PASSING XXXX ALTITUDE….. NOW!"- In the ngxu version I dont 't hear that call anymore.

Igor

Igor Bischi

Hello,

just a little thing more. I notice that when there is a considerable gap between standard pressure (1013 hpa) and altimeter pressure (in my case 998 hpa) at departure, the PM call  “STANDARD SET, PASSING XXXX ALTITUDE….. NOW!" is related to an altitude that I have already passed. In my flight (from EKCH, transition altitude al 5000), after I pressed the standard button,I read 5800 on the altimeter, but the PM call was "5500 NOW". I presume (not sure) that the same happens descending to the transition level.

Thanks.

Igor

Igor Bischi

Ok, I know it is a minor issue, but I don't climb like a rocket, at all. A very normal climb at about 2000 ft/min. As I said it happens when there is an important gap between standard pressure and altimeter pressure. If the gap is not considerable it doesn't happen, it is not related to the vertical speed.

Igor Bischi