Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

All we want for Christmas...

Dear Asobo Studios,

Let's tackle the elephant in the room here. If you really want to impress us hard core Flight Sim users (besides all of the beautiful videos, screenshots, interviews, etc.), the studio should grant ALL users who have applied for early access alpha testing access to said Alhpa, before Christmas. Not just select invites; all of us! C'mon, tech alpha 2 applications are almost a wrap, press the button after selecting "all", then leave the studio for the holidays. No one will know!

After all, we are here and supporting the Asobo / Microsoft new sim. And. It's almost Christmas!

Figured I would just bring it to the Christmas table, ham and all.

Oh and, Merry Christmas!

• Like 2

Given that most of the development members might have off because of said holidays, it isn't really ideal to suddenly fully open the floodgates. Can you imagine the amount of reports they'll get when everyone is allowed to test the game? That's the purpose of setting up different waves of Alpha testers, to have control over how many people can actually test the simulator.

To end on a positive note, on next years Christmas we might all be flying in the full release of MSFS 😀

Edited by simtom
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

I can understand why they would want to keep the Alpha testing to a closed to a select group apart from the obvious reasons such as preventing leaks of items clearly in progress they probably are also trying to scale the streaming services which wouldn't be ready just yet for a large number of users.

But I do hope we get new screenshots on the next weekly updates!

26 minutes ago, simtom said:

Can you imagine the amount of reports they'll get when everyone is allowed to test the game? That's the purpose of setting up different waves of Alpha testers, to have control over how many people can actually test the simulator.

To end on a positive note, on next years Christmas we might all be flying in the full release of MSFS 😀

Nah, the request was only for those who applied for alpha (not everyone on earth looking at the FS2020 page), besides this was all tongue in cheek (okay mostly 😉) and pretty much just wanted to say Merry Christmas! 👌

• Like 3

it would certainly be nice if just the tech alpha folks that they have on file now got it on or before Christmas. 😀

• Like 1

Capt. Robert Rixx

Or only avsim members get as a result exclusive access to the Alpha

• Like 1

It makes no sense to open the flood gates to everyone yet. This is if we actually care for the game being developed properly and not for us to have some enjoyment and getting it already because we simply want to fly. Alpha testing is not fun usually, it shoudn't be completely at least.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, france89 said:

It makes no sense to open the flood gates to everyone yet. This is if we actually care for the game being developed properly and not for us to have some enjoyment and getting it already because we simply want to fly. Alpha testing is not fun usually, it shoudn't be completely at least.

Oy! My original post was satirical in nature, and wasn't really mentioning "opening the flood gates", it was just for us who signed up for tech alpha but didn't make the first cut, that's all. We signed up for the tech alpha because we wanted to help test! Let's all relax and make some hot cocoa now and go fly our current sims.

All I want for Christmas is......something that has nothing to do with flight simulation :sad:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

... a little more sense of humor by Avsim users so that not every tongue-in-cheek-post is used as an opportunity to start an argument ...

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

... a little more sense of humor by Avsim users so that not every tongue-in-cheek-post is used as an opportunity to start an argument ...

Yep, I confess that I might have missed that on the initial read 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

4 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Oy! My original post was satirical in nature, and wasn't really mentioning "opening the flood gates", it was just for us who signed up for tech alpha but didn't make the first cut, that's all. We signed up for the tech alpha because we wanted to help test! Let's all relax and make some hot cocoa now and go fly our current sims.

I know. Still, that is exactly why they said in due time they want to get everyone who applied for an alpha to get in and also why those who did not qualify for tech alpha 1 have their application already put in for tech alpha 2 🙂

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Nothing kills a good mood more than reading through some Avsim posts.  Geesh.

2 hours ago, simtom said:

Yep, I confess that I might have missed that on the initial read 🤦🏻‍♂️

All good - Let's enjoy some egg nog!!!

• Like 2