Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Vertx DA62 - So close to perfection - just needs few more updates

Hey guys,

I just fired up DA62 in my P3D4.5HF2 and I am still blown away by it.  It just looks so good and the ambiance is just right.  It just needs few more updates to G1000 (needs to be fully complete with SIDS/STARS etc), some damage modelling, and A2A rain effects (would be so cool to see water effects when two engine blades are spinning in VR) as that would make it the perfect GA bird.  It is not even funny on how close to perfection this aircraft is.

I hope all is well for @Sean Moloney (I did email him the other day to see how is he doing, haven't heard back yet) and @rudi0310 (miss your videos).

Just hoping Sean read this.  Sean - lets finish this bird to perfection!!!

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Hey guys,

I just fired up DA62 in my P3D4.5HF2 and I am still blown away by it.  It just looks so good and the ambiance is just right.  It just needs few more updates to G1000 (needs to be fully complete with SIDS/STARS etc), some damage modelling, and A2A rain effects (would be so cool to see water effects when two engine blades are spinning in VR) as that would make it the perfect GA bird.  It is not even funny on how close to perfection this aircraft is.

I hope all is well for @Sean Moloney (I did email him the other day to see how is he doing, haven't heard back yet) and @rudi0310 (miss your videos).

Just hoping Sean read this.  Sean - lets finish this bird to perfection!!!

I agree! I have long since removed all other add on models from Prepar3d4.5HF2 and fly nothing else. To be honest, I am not really sure I would purchase the new MS sim if it were released tomorrow unless it has a DA62 equal to or better than the Vertx flying model. For now I just love the real life Diamond product and vision and Sean did a masterful job with his release. Yes... sure it can use some more functions included for the G1000 but it is a pleasure to fly several times a week as is. The combo of P3D/Vertx Da62/Honeycomb Yoke create the best experience in flight simming that I have ever experienced.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Has this aircraft had any promotional discounts, or is the price pretty well fixed. Just curious.

- Aaron

I'm soooo close to buying this aircraft, but am a little unsure of certain features or maybe I should say missing features, so help me out please 🙂

Sids/STARS is one of the things I'm curious about, but as I understand Skywolfs "needs to be fully complete with SIDS/STARS etc)," it doesn't work, right?

And it says it can import flightplans, but what kind? Is it only from the default flightplanner in P3D or can it import from Simbrief, which is the one I use 99% of the time.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

There are things which need to work but no one has heard from Sean since Jan 2019.....

Plane works but if support you need well.....that is where you could run into some bumps.

G1000 is missing some elements - it is technically designed to be a Simulator within a Simulator.  Yes SIDS/STARS do not work yet.   

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Thanks for the info. The Sid/Star not working thing, is a big no no for me, so I can already say now that I won't be buying it then. Let's hope there will be an update to fix it, but not likely, since you mentions that the developer haven't updated since Jan.

BTW. How about the import of Simbrief flighplans?

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

If you use a tool like Aivlasoft EFB, it can send the flightplan including SIDS and STARS directly to the G1000. That way, the G1000 in the DA62 will comply with those procedures and can fly the VNAV profile as well. That’s how I do it. Not as immersive as it should be, but for a GA flight, I can live with it.

Trust me, you will not regret buying it. It’s amazing.

Jack Schaper

I also own this great aircraft. I can export my flightplans to Documents/Prepar3D V4 Files (PFPX) and import them once I start up the sim. Load the flightplan in the flightplanning screen during P3D start up and you'll be set. If you manually enter the SID/STAR waypoints in PFPX you can export them as well so you will be able to fly that procedure. I'm not a user of Simbrief so I can't help you with that.

Maikel

Anyone else who has this aircraft and who has tried importing flightplans from Simbrief?

Jack, I do own Aivlasoft EFB v1, but haven't used it since FSX, so I don't know if it actually works in P3D v4.3

Maikel: I don't have PFPX so can't try it out.

As mentioned, I use Simbrief for 99% (or more 🙂 ) of my flight planning, that's why I am really curious if it can import them..

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

On 12/9/2019 at 1:19 AM, jschaper said:

If you use a tool like Aivlasoft EFB, it can send the flightplan including SIDS and STARS directly to the G1000. That way, the G1000 in the DA62 will comply with those procedures and can fly the VNAV profile as well. That’s how I do it. Not as immersive as it should be, but for a GA flight, I can live with it.

Trust me, you will not regret buying it. It’s amazing.

Jack Schaper

This is exactly how I do it.

On 12/9/2019 at 12:35 AM, jlund said:

Thanks for the info. The Sid/Star not working thing, is a big no no for me, so I can already say now that I won't be buying it then. Let's hope there will be an update to fix it, but not likely, since you mentions that the developer haven't updated since Jan.

BTW. How about the import of Simbrief flighplans?

In reality, you would rarely be assigned a SID/STAR in this aircraft. Many of those are specific to turbojet aircraft or high performance turboprops. This little bird would get radar vectors.

In those rare cases where a SID would be assigned, the above mentioned Aivlasoft EFBv2 method works brilliantly. I had an example this weekend flying out of Chicago Executive and there is a SID for all aircraft that transitions you out of the Chicago class bravo airspace.

I had similar reservations like you, but I can tell you this is one of the best aircraft that I have. For it's little size it is PMDG level in my opinion. It's the only thing I've been flying for months. 

I would like to see the SID/STAR function added, but more importantly I would like Active Sky compatible weather radar and TCAS functions added. The ground handling (p3d friction) is total garbage, but you get used to it and can maneuver around quite well once you get the hang of it. I am troubled by the disappearance of the developer, but with the exception of the items I just mentioned and a few other minor G1000 system features this plane is virtually perfect. Nothing really NEEDS to be fixed. I heard he has some real world issues he is taking care of.

You can't get anything even comparable at this price. It is by far the best G1000 model done to date. Oh....and did I mention that the visuals are top notch?

• Like 1

The biggest gripe with Vertx DA62 is the ground physics. Most of the times it needs around 30-50% of throttle input to start taxing. And when I say start taxing, I mean TO SLOWLY  start taxing even at 50% of throttle. Some taxing starts sound like takeoffs. 🙂
I even had a plan to open AIR editor and try to modify ground physics, but kinda got lost in all these values and ditched it, for now.

Since I don't use SIDs/STARs, I found G1000 to be amazing, along with flying physics, sounds, PBR and modelling, and features that you can customise via the config tool. All in all one of my favourite GA airplanes along with A2A stuff, really immersive aircraft.

Prepar3-D-2019-11-26-05-29-32.jpg

Edited by Pe11e
  • Like 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.