Sign in to follow this  
DreamSkywards

Drivable vehicles?

8 hours ago, Scottoest said:

I think it's unlikely that Asobo are going to spend time modeling a ground vehicle that will serve no purpose other than to probably show a lack of extremely-up-close detail in the sim's visuals (which is just the reality of an engine meant to simulate an activity that mostly takes place high in the air).

It's not only the base sim itself but scenery addons that will inevitably come enhance the sim anyway.

I don't mind if Asobo/Microsoft don't add these types of vehicles themselves, as long as the engine itself can support other types of vehicles, I'm fine with it!

14 hours ago, france89 said:

There were lots of modded cars for FSX, and if you remember, even payware ships.

If you search for DeltaSim studios you'll find examples of that. Might be interesting to have something like that, but i think it is something that can be achieved by the community later on as mods without focusing asobo resources on them right now

Still one of the most immersive things to do in FSX the possibilities are endless

Who in their right mind wouldn't add this to the new title...if the new sim's autogen and land class has collision detection why not have ground and sea vehicles.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Hi,

Looking at the skill and versatility of the development team, a drivable vehicle would be a piece of cake.

In X-Plane there's a Canadian airport - CZST Stewart - where I drove around the village for the fun of it. And it was neat and added another dimension to the simulator.

• Like 1

Jim Morgan

On 12/10/2019 at 5:49 PM, blueshark747 said:

Who in their right mind wouldn't add this to the new title...if the new sim's autogen and land class has collision detection why not have ground and sea vehicles.

Ok, I want the James Bond white Lotus Esprit submarine. 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yeah, maybe we can drive big rigs and do deliveries on schedules all over the world?

If it were to take place in Europe they could even name it something catchy like “Euro-Truck Simulator”!

Chris Camp

It would be fun , driving from home / office to the helipad 🙂 , in XP10 there was a driveable car which i had used to reach home ofc it wasn't perfect because the roads were a bit of a problem but i did reach the house 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

16 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Yeah, maybe we can drive big rigs and do deliveries on schedules all over the world?

If it were to take place in Europe they could even name it something catchy like “Euro-Truck Simulator”!

It must have been hard for you to wait all those years to finally be able to make that joke.

You're welcome for the occasion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamSkywards said:

It must have been hard for you to wait all those years to finally be able to make that joke.

You're welcome for the occasion.

Lol it has been!!!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

So I made a model of a Tesla mostly for fun and to learn Blender. The result has been pretty obvious now that I think about it and people are asking if they can drive it. So being new to msfs I googled it and here I am. So if anyone knows how to mod this to drive please let me know so I can learn how to do that next. Tesla Model S Sport Concept Petty Blue • Flight Simulator 2020

Hi,

I downloaded the Pajero and hope to use it in the "Okavango Delta" safari scenery. Similar, upcoming  exploratory programs may find wheels handy.

Jim Morgan