Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Aerosoft A330 Released!

Been looking forward to this for a very very long time. Scheduled to come out Monday Dec 09 barring a natural disaster, or the software implodes. 

Official video.   

https://youtu.be/-HslN-z59io

//Mod edit: title of thread changed to reflect that the add-on has been released

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

You need to read this first so you fully understand what state your getting it in.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/148161-a330-release-notes/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

AKA it's a beta product.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

AKA it's a beta product.

Hmm, the biggest thing on the release notes that would bother would be the lighting issue (of course IF that is all...)

However, that said it would be something I would probably dip my toe in the pool and have a go at - love all of the new euphemisms though - first we saw "Prologue" from "someone" and now a "Stepping Stone" 😂

David Porrett

First, I acknowledge that Aerosoft typically delivers a solid product at a fair price point!  Having said that, I’ve become incredibly frustrated with their beta process.  Here’s how the last few releases have gone: 

1.  Several users claim there is a problem

2.  Beta Testers state they have never seen the problem before and can’t duplicate the it

3.  6 month pass and several users persist there’s a problem. 

4. 1 year after the initial release, Aersoft acknowledges the problem and the Beta testers start asking users for more data.  Some of the request seem odd because they involve software used by a large portion of the community. 

5.  1.5 years after the problem is identified, it’s fixed.  

This was the cycle for both the A3* managed climb and CRJ X Lnav issues.  Even today I saw a poster ask for help to prevent his aircraft from going to a cold and dark state during the cruise phase of flight.  I have the same issue but know it will do no good to submit a ticket.  I’m sure it will be fixed eventually, but not after the cycle identified above. 

Again, I would recommend Aerosoft products to anyone; however, you should be prepared for the above cycle.  

• Upvote 4

Matt King

Yeah, I recently had a similar support experience with the CRJ. I reported an issue that they said they could not help me with because I was the only one who has reported the issue. No qualifying questions, no request for more information, just sorry, can't help you because you are the only one.

Of course when mentioned the issue in the forums of my VA three others immediately responded saying they have the same issue, and have since the first version. They don't report them because they have also been dismissed. It's a shame.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

- Aaron

Hopefully the release goes well, I’d really like to add an A330 to my fleet.  I looked at the list on their forum and nothing there seems like a deal breaker.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I thought this thread was really about the Imminent release of the A330. ?? 

Why turn it negative?  for those of you personally burnt out from Aerosoft products, then consider the A330 a no go for you and move on.

My two cents

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ray hughes said:

I thought this thread was really about the Imminent release of the A330. ?? 

Why turn it negative?  for those of you personally burnt out from Aerosoft products, then consider the A330 a no go for you and move on.

My two cents

Negative?  Do you have a reading comprehension issue? The fist thing I stated was I recommend Aerosoft products.  The rest of the post was predicated on facts, which you can clearly glean by reviewing the AS support forums.  Don’t you think perspective buyers of $85+ products should be aware of any issues with said product?  Shouldn’t we be ‘allowed’ to share our experiences with related products?   To your mind, what thoughts should be shared on an electronic platform, built specifically to discuss matters relating to computer-based flight simulator? My lord, have we become so sensitive that we can’t stand the slightest criticism? I honestly don’t understand your perspective whatsoever...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

Matt King

I get it, that as an Aerosoft purchaser your experiences have been less than satisfactory. 

Consider this though . Is it possible you missed the irony of posting into someone else's anticipated excitement post by throwing a wet blanket? 

Are you there to warn them or anyone else away from purchasing the A330 based on your experiences ??

I suggest you start your own conversation about your misgivings of purchasing this A330 or any other Aerosoft product for that matter  - rather than , as I perceive it , possibly deflating someone else's excitement. That way , the forum reader can determine whether they want to read your topic or ignore it.

My two cents

• Like 2

Even their promo movie has issues...

Aerosoft is big and reputable company, so they should avoid using customers as beta testers.

Yes i know, they are open and honest about product stage, even though still have a bit of bitter taste here.

Seriously, i do not understand why they go this way ?, are they short of money ? 😉

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

Not sure what the issue is. The release notes clearly state theres still some issues and of course will be ones showing up but its ready for release. You have to draw a line some where and get it out there.  Beta team can only do so much until it releases to the masses with different uses, different machine configurations, different way of flying it.  Its the only way all these bugs will be found.  

Even PMDG and FSL believe they have a final release.  In a couple weeks theres an update because there is issues and bugs found that are fixed.   So in essence its a beta product too.  Same with every other piece of software out there.   If you cant handle this, then buy it in a month or two. 

However I will say this is far different that BBS A330, while looks great outside, its severely lacking, and the progress is ongoing for 8 years now.  The AS330 will be much more of a ready product and have no doubt that updates will be coming over the next weeks and months.... not years. 

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

11 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

AKA it's a beta product.

We've been buying pay to beta products for over 10 years, why are you surprised? 

14ppkc-6.png

I appreciate they openly communicate the known issues.

Other companies release w/o even declaring there are known limitations.

• Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]