Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Aerosoft A330 Released!

15 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

Tino, yes- I saw the video from fselite. What I'm referring to is the quality of the fonts when zoomed in are blurry.

The other thing I noticed is the EICAS doesn't go into a " rest state" when the engines are off. The start up sounds have some strange gaps that remind me of the startups we expiernced in the early days of FSX. 

The AP was  searching and wasn't able to keep the NAV commands. 

Gotchya! I will have to take a look before purchasing. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

Sante Sottile

Be aware that the AS A330 does not work with Simstarter. If you start the sim with Simstarter, the engines are not responding to any throttle movement.

I hope they get that fixed soon.

Edited by RALF9636

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

They are already in the works... the Delta will be ready by the weekend.

BTW.  Where do we look for this repaint later just so I know?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

30 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

[...] All in all for a quick first impressions... I like it.  Way better than the half baked BBS.    Great to have an A330 in the sim and hopefully they can add more engine variants.   

Here's one thing I was hoping to get some feedback on: the difference between this Bus and the BBS one. Sounds like it's in favor of Aerosoft, but I don't think that ought to be too surprising...

34 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

Tino, yes- I saw the video from fselite. What I'm referring to is the quality of the fonts when zoomed in are blurry.

The other thing I noticed is the EICAS doesn't go into a " rest state" when the engines are off. The start up sounds have some strange gaps that remind me of the startups we expiernced in the early days of FSX. 

The AP was  searching and wasn't able to keep the NAV commands. 

I noticed those 'gaps' in the sounds on engine start as well in the video, and thought it was rather strange. Can anybody confirm that this happens for them in the sim? Or was it just a Youtube video thing?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

23 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

i just tried my first test flight. 

1. Forgive me if im wrong but you cant click on the FMC to pop it out ??

2. I had pause at top of descent  in the settings, and it plowed straight  through it.

3. Then it wouldnt let me do a managed descent, although using - vs it was bang on where it should be

I managed to get down in one piece, and pulled onto stand and shut the a/c down and ......

4. Then in true aerosoft CRJ style, when i right clicked on screen to do change view, you guessed it, I was treated to a CTD.

Its the same old unpolished gash you now expect from Aerosoft , from a rushed out for christmas release mandate... 

It will get you where you want to go just about...  youll will however need your blood pressure tablets on hand.

The young kids will love it for a couple of days flying under bridges and landing it at GIB or at Lukla or whatever they do with some half baked gimmick they made again.

May I congratulate you on a masterclass in put downs.

However, did you read the release notes?

Note:I do not own the aircraft and am making no comment about it.

I did read some of the release notes though.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

Well, after teasing its release for the past 1+ years, and at least 4 years of development, it's finally released.  But wait - it's only the -300, a single engine variant, and there are still issues which means it's technically a beta release.

Give me a break, please.

I'll stick with my freeware A330s for a good long while.

Dave

Edited by dave2013

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I like it. So much negativity here from some. Was it that we were all expecting an FSL level A330 and everybody got disappointed and angry? I don't understand. I am a huge fan of FSL and will buy everything they publish as well as huge fan of all top quality add-ons. I believe that this A330 does a fairly good job. Yes, coming from the FSL Airbus, I could find differences all day long if I wanted to. This is the first long range Airbus we have and it does a very good job simulating normal operations. Myself and I guess most of us fly almost exclusively normal operations. To me the trade off of not having the authenticity and system's depth of the FSL airbus is that I now have an A330 to simulate real world A330 flights.

And to provide some review:

Pros:

- Very nicely modeled VC and exterior. PBR looks really good.
- Vertical and Lateral navigation work very good. That was a big fear that I had before purchase. Lateral navigation can be improved even further but is certainly not unrealistic.

Cons:

- Not animated buttons on MCDU, FCU, transponder
- The screens fonts and sizes are good, but not as authentic as in the FSL airbus. 
- I would like higher texture resolution in the external model, especially the window details
- I would like more operative switches, like the ECAM switching and COM panel knobs

For the EFB I do not have an opinion yet of how authentic it feels, its not terrible though as some have hinted judging from streams. 

In the end of the day, what matters to me is that I can simulate an A330 flight with adequate realism. I would put it close to the QW787. Some can disagree that it is better or worse, but its certainly close.

GqkkA82.jpg

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Not a bad deal. Only cost me 34Euro. Discount of 10% plus A320 Pro  discount. No Tax

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Be aware that the AS A330 does not work with Simstarter. If you start the sim with Simstarter, the engines are not responding to any throttle movement.

I hope they get that fixed soon.

Have you tried the latest version released a few hours ago ? SIMstarter NG is updated to 1.9.5.2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

Here's one thing I was hoping to get some feedback on: the difference between this Bus and the BBS one. Sounds like it's in favor of Aerosoft, but I don't think that ought to be too surprising...

ASA330 is much, much better than the Blackbox A330. There are definitely bugs, and it'll take me some getting used to as far as hand flying on approach/landing, but I am enjoying this aircraft so far. As another user mentioned, the external sounds are pretty lackluster but hopefully those get adjusted along with other needed fixes.

All in all, I'm very glad I purchased.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Have you tried the latest version released a few hours ago ? SIMstarter NG is updated to 1.9.5.2

Yes, the problem persists with Simstarter NG version 1.9.5.2.

• Upvote 1

A workaround for the Simstarter problem seems to be to deactivate P3D in the Run ConfigSet, then run Simstarter normally (thus without starting P3D but everything else), and then start P3D manually.

3 hours ago, HighTowers said:

I didnt have a tail logo light in the air for some reason. 

I believe this is standard operation for an Airbus, the tail light goes out automatically I just can’t remember if it’s when the weight is lifted from the main landing gear or some other trigger.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

is there a way to enter ZFW directly instead of having to select pax and cargo separately? 

Edited by micstatic
edit for question

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The extra 10% pulled me in.  Coupled with the A320 discount, final price was $39.91 .  I'll let the plane bake in for another 6 months before trying it.

Edited by Greggy_D
  • Like 2