Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Aerosoft A330 Released!

On 12/15/2019 at 12:44 AM, sddjd said:

Hmm, strange as I'm having similar range issues on long flights (ie LFPO-FMEE). Multiple planners correctly show it within the fuel load/capability of the 333 (Corsair's old weekly flight). Even with a maximum fuel load and zero cargo, zero passengers, the fuel prediction is several thousand pounds in the negative on arrival. Something seems afoot.... 

I'm also having the strobe light visibility issue; unfortunately to the MULTIPLE posts in the support forum on this same the answer is already "oh, you must be using shaders (Not), or some other add-on must have changed the defaults, not our problem". Disappointing considering EVERY other add-on aircraft in my stable is able to work just fine with strobes 🤐

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln.... I'm pleasantly surprised and enjoying the 330 so far. 

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.  I think the fuel is correct. The post i made shows the aerosoft took near on the exact same fuel burn as the 330s at VS as it matched the real world Flightplan required fuel for the  very sector I flew. 

I also flew Mia-lhr, and then after the update realeasd Lhr-iad-lhr.  All sectors the fuel on pulling onto the stand at the other end was accurate. 

For once im the happy customer, although the connected flight deck is pants. 

14ppkc-6.png

23 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Nothing to do with the Fuel on board.  As long as you have the correct fuel amount loaded, go by that for now. The EFOB calculation is messed up and even though your FP route is correct, it shows that you would land with no fuel. Its incorrect. Not sure why it does this.   When I got further to destination , it corrected itself but on the ground at departure , its wrong. 

Thanks HT- that's a bit different then. I do have the same erroneous EFOB calc at arrival, but on long flights I'm literally running dry 1000+nm short of the destination (with no pax or cargo). I've confirmed the latest version is installed, but may just go back and remove/reinstall in entirety; for some reason I needed to reapply the client and content to get those strobes visible, even though I'd had no new products installed since the latest p3d update/hotfix. 

Still, no regrets- I know these little issues will be addressed eventually, and am enjoying the plane more each time I fly it. 

• Like 1

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

3 hours ago, tangerine said:

Does anyone know how i can hide those two view popup bars at the top-left and top-right ??

Theres an icon with a black arrow on the end of two view popup bars at the top-left and top-right. 

14ppkc-6.png

On 12/17/2019 at 10:09 PM, tangerine said:

Does anyone know how i can hide those two view popup bars at the top-left and top-right ??

You can disable the built in view system in the 3rd mcdu if you prefer to use your own camera settings with chaseplane or ezdok, 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Anyone still considering this aircraft might want to look at this video. This is one of the best detailed flight characteristics review Ive seen done on any aircraft. Very well done, and pleased to see that AS has nailed most of the tests he sets out.   Really enjoying this aircraft and the updates keep refining it . 

Real Airbus Pilot Review

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Aerosoft are really onto something with this release and with the fast updates + RW pilots' enjoying it. it's great to see that. To have several developers with very high fidelity aircraft out there, our flightsim hobby is becoming ever more enjoyable.

Yes, nice news indeed.
Thanks for the link Dave!

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

It's a great addon and AS has really been putting the time into updates. She's a joy to fly and look at. Add in the fact you have folks like Steve Dra creating liveries and it's a win win, IMO.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yes, I gave her a try today, and I am really impressed so far.
I didn't like their A320 series. Way too buggy despite the numerous patches. But the 330 is indeed a joy to fly, within its systems limitations. The VC is unbelievably beautiful and immersive, flight dynamics are much improved, systems are quite basic but accurate enough to have a lot of fun.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I'm looking forward to see technology from the A330 make it back to the A320 series. I believe Mathijs said that this would happen, perhaps for a small price. I told myself I was going to buy the FSLabs in the new year, but given the A330's general improvements over the A320, I'm now thinking it might be worthwhile holding on a little longer.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Unfortunately, since my first flight I have encountered the same problems I had with the 320.
Sudden speed acceleration during descent, diving VS and plunge.

After few similar flights I believe I will ground that beauty until next serious update.
Cn483W.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

Are you descending in the correct mode? That doesn’t look right. I have the 320 and not the 330 but shouldn’t it be in managed descent mode and have a little round bug next to the altitude?

Edited by JasonPC

16 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

Are you descending in the correct mode? That doesn’t look right. I have the 320 and not the 330 but shouldn’t it be in managed descent mode and have a little round bug next to the altitude?

You can decent in managed = the dot your talking about or open decent = no dot, but you should see that mode on the PFD but then I know nothing about a A330 or AS bus's.

You can use both, just like open climb and managed. Open climb is used when e.g you take off from EGLL and there are a lot of restriction of 6,000ft, but if ATC clears you to say 12,000 if your stay in managed you will just stick at the restrictions so you use open climb. NO dot. Both ways should work fine.

A dot showing is Airbus's way to show your giving control to it. It will/should follow all speed and ALT restrictions. Unless you pull(no dot) same with the speed and you can control that also, same as pulling the Heading again no dot as your dailing in the heading.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Unfortunately, since my first flight I have encountered the same problems I had with the 320.
Sudden speed acceleration during descent, diving VS and plunge.

After few similar flights I believe I will ground that beauty until next serious update.

I can't speak for the 330 as I don't own it, but regarding this issue on the 320, my observations are that any serious dip in fps, for example, during a heavy cloud weather update, even if only for a second or so, will send the a/c into a serious tailspin - both literally and metaphorically.