Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Multiplayer, Oh My!

I just got out of a flight with a good friend of mine..We departed San Patricio Country in the B-58 and headed for Laredo" he was nav/systems operator and the only thing I did was flying the plane and work the throttle.In one word: absolutelyfarkingincredible!!!!For once we now have the ability to fly with a friend and have them slave over the pilots every need:)- Change my heading- Change my flap setting- Change my mixture- Retract my gear etc......................The ability to do this is amazing. It brings a whole new idea the flightsim community!The friend flying as a "slave" can do anything and everything except actually fly the plane unless I give him control with a simple key command. He can throttle one engine back, deploy the spoilers and set up the entire ap system and much more. This is rediculous!!!!In summary, the "co-pilot" can perform ever function on the plane except actually move the control surfaces on the plane..Sleep will be limited for months on end..Salute!!! Microsoft!!!Sawacs

Sounds sweet Sawacs,To be honest this is one of the features that really has got me interested in FSX. If the ACES team have the time to do up a SDK for the multiplayer system I think it has incredible potential.Imagine flying the PMDG 747 or LDS 767 with a real co-pilot, now that would just be superb!Keep up the good work ACES.Jeremy

yeah im really lookin forward to this feature as well, man bring it on, i would gladly co-pilot for anyone who needs/wants itciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Hi. What's the cost of using the multiplayer option? I can't find any info on it. I have the Deluxe Edition. Are there any hints or instructions for using it? Thanks, regards, Bob.

>Hi. What's the cost of using the multiplayer option? I can't>find any info on it. I have the Deluxe Edition. Are there any>hints or instructions for using it? Thanks, regards, Bob.There's no cost at all, Bob. Instructions are in the Learning Center, of course. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Tomlin

Im so excited about this. It will bring great new abilities to FS. Here's two things that I am really concerned about though (which have been answered to a degree, but now that some have a full copy, the answer may be different)1) In Multiplayer, can you see AI aircraft?2) In Multiplayer, can you see ground AI equipment/vehicles?It seems as if you are saying that there's a way for the copilot to control everything you authorize except the control surfaces. If you switch control over to them, will the new copilot have the same profile, just reversed?Thanks,Eric T

It is a great feature, for sure, and one that will be used extensively over at DC-3 Airways where our multiplayer activities are very prolific - but I have to put in a word for the guys at gates.to, who have had such technology available to you all for over a year. MSFS have lifted the game, of course, but I don't like to see such pioneering ventures go unrecognised. So well done, Maurizio and Ugo!MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Hi. Thanks. I did not see that. Isn't there a cost to setup and use the account online? I saw something about setting up an account but was hesitant until I knew more. Thanks and best regards, Bob.

I'm really looking forward to using this feature. I wish I had a copilot first time I flew on Vatsim. Maybe we'll even see virtual instructors:) I could use that.DannyCZBB

yeah part if it really excites and at the same time i can see myself getting real nervous, i stutter a bit when i speak and not only that ive been flightsimming since the mid 80's but... everyone has there own style of doing things procedure wise..ciao!Brian S

Ciao!