Sign in to follow this  
MPL

FsLabs A321 release closer?

Judging by the screenshot (and I might have missed this before), is the A321 going to sport PBR textures? I vaguely remember hearing something to this effect quite a while ago, but then haven't heard about it in quite a while.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

14 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Judging by the screenshot (and I might have missed this before), is the A321 going to sport PBR textures? I vaguely remember hearing something to this effect quite a while ago, but then haven't heard about it in quite a while.

Yes its the first FSL to have PBR Benjamin, the other will get the update later. The 321 will have a lot of new things and Real world pilots seen to love the 321 the most, so given this I will not doubt it will be as close to the real one we can get, am looking forward to taking this out for a lot of flights.

• Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

52 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yes its the first FSL to have PBR Benjamin, the other will get the update later. The 321 will have a lot of new things and Real world pilots seen to love the 321 the most, so given this I will not doubt it will be as close to the real one we can get, am looking forward to taking this out for a lot of flights.

Sounds great, thanks for the heads-up! I'm still hoping for some sort of holiday-type discount, though it seems astronomically unlikely. If it doesn't come I might just buy it in the new year.

EDIT: with which I mean the A320 base pack, which I still did not buy... Actually ended up reinstalling the Aerosoft bus until I can find the courage to pay the FSL price! Which is a ridiculous mindset of mine, to be honest - given how much I spent on airports and the NGXu, I probably could have bought the FSL A320+A319 already.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Sounds great, thanks for the heads-up! I'm still hoping for some sort of holiday-type discount, though it seems astronomically unlikely. If it doesn't come I might just buy it in the new year.

EDIT: with which I mean the A320 base pack, which I still did not buy... Actually ended up reinstalling the Aerosoft bus until I can find the courage to pay the FSL price! Which is a ridiculous mindset of mine, to be honest - given how much I spent on airports and the NGXu, I probably could have bought the FSL A320+A319 already.

Benjamin I'm with you on the same boat

• Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Great news will be purchasing on day one. FSLAB create art with their products. It's worth every penny . 

• Like 1

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I'm far more concerned about performance than with all that drm nonsense. Great aicraft, great simulation but with half the performance of most other addons and dubious VC textures. They got me on the 320 and 319, not falling for the 321 until this has been addressed somehow.

It's really frustrating having such a powerful machine and seeing a single model bringing it to its knees when a 777 or 747 flies by at 60fps like nothing's happening.

</rant>

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

All those people using Facebook and Google on a daily basis and we all know there are using our personal data....

I can't wait to see the new FSL A321.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Alexandre6463 said:

All those people using Facebook and Google on a daily basis and we all know there are using our personal data....

I can't wait to see the new FSL A321.

lol how  true  and  they  are  complaining  about  fsl

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Guys seems this plane is really the most advanced in regards to realism (immersion, systems, flight dynamics) however why is there no more investment in the VC textures? This is one thing that keeps me from buying it.

Is there a plan to improve these?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

I don't really like the a321 since i think it has the climb performance of a limping turtle going backwards and uphill, but i will buy it anyway because i just love the system depth that they implement. that said... im wondering about the PBR update for the 319/320. Is that going to be available the same day the 321 gets released? Or it will be a future update?

Juan Ramos

7 minutes ago, xender said:

I don't really like the a321 since i think it has the climb performance of a limping turtle going backwards and uphill, but i will buy it anyway because i just love the system depth that they implement. that said... im wondering about the PBR update for the 319/320. Is that going to be available the same day the 321 gets released? Or it will be a future update?

From what I've read, PBR will be introduced with the A321 first, then other aircraft as updates. 

A321 Climb performance can be quite good, actually. Depending on a lot of factors.

Sante Sottile

23 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I'm far more concerned about performance than with all that drm nonsense. Great aicraft, great simulation but with half the performance of most other addons and dubious VC textures. They got me on the 320 and 319, not falling for the 321 until this has been addressed somehow.

It's really frustrating having such a powerful machine and seeing a single model bringing it to its knees when a 777 or 747 flies by at 60fps like nothing's happening.

</rant>

With PBR in VC, I dare say performance will be worse than the 320/319. Example A, NGXu

Eric 

Please keep on topic.  I have split the discussions about the FSL DRM, etc., to another topic as suggested by one of the posters.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Info that you might not or have read. taken from FSelite

Starting with CPDLC, the A321-X will be the first aircraft title to debut a fully integrated CPDLC system allowing users the unique opportunity to interact with ATC via datalink communications using the Hoppie ACARS network, which is currently partly integrated into the current range of FSL Airbus Aircraft. This system will simulate the ability to request a change in altitude, speed or routing and receive and reply to numerous communications from a connected station with many controllers on the VATSIM network. The system features a new ‘ATC MENU’ within the MCDU ATSU program, as well as two DCDU models both situated above the current MCDUs.

In addition to CPDLC logic, the system also features ADS-C offering both periodic and event-driven contracts to subscribers on the Hoppie ACARS network.

The fuel system within the A321-X has a completely different set of features to that found on current FSLabs Airbus Aircraft. One of the notable differences is the lack of outer wing tanks. Another one is that the A321-X transfers its fuel from the centre tanks using jet-pumps, rather than electric pumps. In addition to the different components found, the A321-X also allows the user to add two additional centre tanks, allowing a total fuel capacity of 23,770kg. This additional fuel is pumped forward into the centre tanks via. a complex system of valves allowing the aircraft to fly extended routes such as Helsinki to Gran Canaria by increasing the usual flying time by up to 7 hours.

The flight warning computer features approximately 60 different sheets of logic specifically for the A321-X variant. As a result, ECAM actions not implemented in the current FSLabs Airbus Family are now implemented. Along with that, overspeed warnings, flap/slat angle/position warnings, hydraulic, fuel and air conditioning system warnings, stall thresholds, door configuration warnings and minimum target speeds all have their own particular settings in the logic implemented in this variant.

The A321-X will debut a new high-definition takeoff performance system. It collects obstacle data on the takeoff path from the simulator and uses this to generate precise performance figures for the six available variants currently in the FSLabs A320 fleet. This system gives the option to calculate optimal performance figures for a given runway — whereby each possible configuration is analysed and the most favourable configuration is returned.

In addition, warnings, such as, ‘TOGA REQUIRED’, ‘TOPL LIMITED’ or ‘VMGC LIMITED’ are also returned. This system complements the A321-X greatly, where it operates out of small airports at heavy takeoff weights in high temperatures requiring careful consideration to performance.

Now, for the eye-candy section, the A321-X will simulate call buttons for the extra stations found in the aircraft as well as the specific exit variations which are fully depicted in the Lower ECAM Door Page, depending on the aircraft configuration selected.

Both engine variants found in the current engine option set from Airbus will be simulated: the IAE 2533-AS and the CFM56-5-B3, each capable of powering the aircraft with 33,000 pounds of thrust. Both engine variants have been accurately modelled to simulate their real-world counterparts accurately with the difference in thrust used to power the aircraft being apparent compared to smaller variants.

And finally, the aircraft will debut the Cabin Camera System. Integrated into the lower ECAM display, this can be toggled via. a new ‘VIDEO’ switch on the pedestal and allows the user to see a live video feed of the cabin. With a passenger capacity as high as 220, boarding times can be around 40 minutes and this feature can be a great way to check on the boarding status, especially when using FSDreamTeam’s GSX Level 2.

Release please!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip