Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Giant street lights (light balls) almost everywhere

Hello All,

Recently I've been noticing these giant light balls or street lights during the night which didn't seem to appear before. I've already turned off Orbx Lights (or I think I have) via the executable file that resides inside the Orbx folder which is named ".............Day" but I've not noticed a change. Aside Orbx I use no other lights that I can recall of, and at SBGR (TropicalSim) this is so bad that it even happens INSIDE the airport, in the approns and some taxiways.

Does anyone have a cure or suggestion for getting this any better?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I couldn't get the giant balls to go away until I removed Orbx completely.

That may just be me though.

@Wanthuyr Filho Do you use Flight's 1 UTX products with the Lights module?

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

I have the same issue, and don't have UTX. I just fly in daylight, which is a pain

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Same issue here. I am certain that these large floating balls of light are ORBx related, and I also seem to recall that I managed to get rid of them at one stage by removing a couple of files. However, I do not remember where those files are located!! I think that they returned when I uninstalled FTX Central 3 and installed the new ORBx Central. They must have been "reactivated" when I ran that for the first time :dry:

One of them is sitting right next to the runway at UK2000 Guernsey Xtreme :angry:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

ORBX light tweaker & PTA lets the user tweak the size and color of FTX 3D lights.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

ORBx light tweaker is only available in the Global Base Pack, and there is no way that I am getting that just to be able to switch off the globe lights. I just need to find those two files that I disabled last time, but I do not remember the filenames, or where they are located....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 12/9/2019 at 5:53 AM, GEKtheReaper said:

@Wanthuyr Filho Do you use Flight's 1 UTX products with the Lights module?

No, I use nothing related to UTX and never used before.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

On 12/9/2019 at 8:32 AM, DJJose said:

ORBX light tweaker & PTA lets the user tweak the size and color of FTX 3D lights.

I tried, put them to the smallest setting, but it made no difference.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

8 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

I tried, put them to the smallest setting, but it made no difference.

Do you have PTA?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

21 hours ago, DJJose said:

Do you have PTA?

Yes, but I don't know what parameter might change this. In fact I have PTA for a long time and haven't changed anything in the interim that might have created this situation. Or...it was caused by one of the recent PTA updates.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Same here

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

@Christopher Low

The two files may be

scenery\world\Global\3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5.BGL and 

scenery\world\Global\3D_Light_NEW_SDN4.BGL

It was a fix a very long time ago, I don't know if it still current.

• Upvote 1