Sign in to follow this  
AntonioK

LED landing lights and FS2crwe

How does FS2Crew work with aircraft that have the LED lights vs Fixed Landing lights?

I ask because the FO doesn't seem to control them after turning them on for take off. After the FO does his after takeoff flow, he appears to turn them off (well below the desired 18K), and doesn't turn them back on at all (I've gone as low as 8K before turning them back on myself. 

I'm in SOP1, but I'm assuming this version of FS2crew only takes fixed landing lights into play. Can this be updated for V2 if accurate?

I believe the landing lights should come one when you announce "takeoff".

You generally don't turn on the landing lights until you receive your TO clearance.

FO will turn off the lights at 10K, but remember there's a config option to do it at 18K.

Lights should come back on at 10K in the descent... but make sure Descent Mode is active (flashing DM).

I’ve noticed a problem where the FO switches the logo light to the ‘pulse’ position even if there is no pulse available in the aircraft. 

I've seen that once. The logo light switch ended up in a middle position. It went up (off) when I clicked it. Clicked it again, and it went all the way down (on). 3rd click - back to off. Chalked it off as a figment of my imagination so I didn't report it. The odds of Antonio having the same hallucination as me are slim. It happened after TOD and before secure the aircraft, Not much help, I know. I'll keep an eye out for it now that I know it was real.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 12/9/2019 at 7:34 AM, byork said:

I believe the landing lights should come one when you announce "takeoff".

Probably different by different SOP's, however all airlines I know of (not only 737's) turn the landing lights on when entering the runway simply to improve the visibility of the aircraft to other traffic.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I can confirm that landing lights are not coming on, despite having 18K set in the CFG panel with LED lights. They aren't even coming on under 10K and SOP1

Confirming this once again. There's no user option in regards to managing the lights in SOP1.

Again, the problem is the setting in the Config for Fs2crew is only referencing fixed landing lights (light switches with three positions, off, retracted, and landing lights). The LED landing lights only have two positions, so it's not toggling them correctly. 

Observing the light switches immediately after take off (during the clean up phase), the FO switches them to off, which is causing me to think that (since the system is only looking at Fixed landing light configs), that the FO thinks it's being set to "Retracted", when that's not the case for LEDs. Because of this, the FO is also not turning them back on after passing 18K in decent. In fact, the FO isn't turning them on at all, and it's because it's thinking it's a fixed landing light when its not.

Also having this problem. I thought that in the 'Before TO procedure' callout would switch on the runway turnoffs? Also, in the voice setup, the flow goes 'Before TO procedure' to 'Set TO thrust' to 'Takeoff roll'. There is no prompt for 'Takeoff'.

This is using SOP 2 though

10 hours ago, AntonioK said:

Confirming this once again. There's no user option in regards to managing the lights in SOP1.

Again, the problem is the setting in the Config for Fs2crew is only referencing fixed landing lights (light switches with three positions, off, retracted, and landing lights). The LED landing lights only have two positions, so it's not toggling them correctly. 

Observing the light switches immediately after take off (during the clean up phase), the FO switches them to off, which is causing me to think that (since the system is only looking at Fixed landing light configs), that the FO thinks it's being set to "Retracted", when that's not the case for LEDs. Because of this, the FO is also not turning them back on after passing 18K in decent. In fact, the FO isn't turning them on at all, and it's because it's thinking it's a fixed landing light when its not.

Hmmm, are you using the pulse option for the LEDs?

7 hours ago, John_Clarke said:

Also having this problem. I thought that in the 'Before TO procedure' callout would switch on the runway turnoffs? Also, in the voice setup, the flow goes 'Before TO procedure' to 'Set TO thrust' to 'Takeoff roll'. There is no prompt for 'Takeoff'.

This is using SOP 2 though

Looking at the code, FO will turn on the Runway Turnoff lights, but in SOP 1 only, not SOP2.

In SOP2, "Set TO Thrust" takes the place of "Takeoff".

We modeled that airline to the letter.  If Dean is reading this, he can chime in 🙂

16 hours ago, byork said:

Looking at the code, FO will turn on the Runway Turnoff lights, but in SOP 1 only, not SOP2.

In SOP2, "Set TO Thrust" takes the place of "Takeoff".

We modeled that airline to the letter.  If Dean is reading this, he can chime in 🙂

Thanks for that!

On 12/23/2019 at 2:49 AM, byork said:

Hmmm, are you using the pulse option for the LEDs?

Nope. Just the standard LEDs