Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Asus Q Shield for Maximus IX Hero motherboard

Can anyone help me source an Asus Q Shield (I/O backplate) for the Asus Maximus IX Hero motherboard? There are some on eBay, but they all seem to be located outside the UK. If anyone has a spare that they no longer need, then please let me know ASAP! This is holding up my new PC build.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher, I have the very same MoBo, and have just built a new rig in a new Fractal Design case. No I/O plate comes with the Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, as the I/O at the back just butted up nice and cleanly

Christopher, I really need to take lessons phrasing things out🤣

What I meant to say was the the Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero-----mine at least---- nowadays like previous Asus motherboards, no longer comes with an I/O shield. Hence, do not have a spare one, sorry. The motherboard, like I stated,just butted up sans any I/O backplate to my Fractal Design case.

Have you thought of contacting Asus directly?

Edited by vc10man

I already have. They told me that they do not have any spare parts, and that I need to contact the original supplier :sad:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you can post a picture here, Christopher, I'll see if I have any older spare Asus motherboard I/O shields knocking around.

A quick update to let you know that I have ordered an Asus Q Shield for the Maximus IX Hero motherboard (from the Netherlands), via "expedited international shipping".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

A quick update to let you know that I have ordered an Asus Q Shield for the Maximus IX Hero motherboard (from the Netherlands), via "expedited international shipping".

Fantastic news. So pleased for you.

That Q Shield and the Maximus IX Hero motherboard are now installed in the new PC case. I am currently waiting for some isopropyl alcohol to arrive in the post so that I can clean the old thermal paste off the CPU, and then get the CPU cooler installed (the backplate and mounting bars have already been fitted).

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 12/17/2019 at 10:53 AM, Christopher Low said:

That Q Shield and the Maximus IX Hero motherboard are now installed in the new PC case. I am currently waiting for some isopropyl alcohol to arrive in the post so that I can clean the old thermal paste off the CPU, and then get the CPU cooler installed (the backplate and mounting bars have already been fitted).

Fab Update, Christopher.So pleased for you. Now you're on the Launch Pad😀

I will be cleaning the old thermal paste off the CPU and installing the Noctua NH-U14S Wind Turbine tonight!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The heatsink was an absolute word not allowed to get installed :angry: I had to apply a bit of force to it in the end to get the second screw aligned with its thread on the mounting bar. Thankfully, it finally clicked into position.

The Noctua NH-U14S is a monster compared to the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo in my current PC. I dread to think how much space the NH-D15 occupies with its twin heatsinks and fans! :ohmy:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 12/19/2019 at 9:31 PM, Christopher Low said:

I dread to think how much space the NH-D15 occupies with its twin heatsinks and fans! :ohmy:

That's why I by-passed it as much as my present NH-D14 is a an absolute corker when it comes to air cooling despite O/Clocking my current CPU to 4.2GHz, but it's in a slightly larger Antec 900/2 case, and the NH-D15 I was proposing to get would not fit in the new Fractal Design Foucus-G case. Am truly amazed at the quality, price, useabilty of space and ease of that Fractal Design.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:53 AM, Christopher Low said:

Late to the party, but just for future reference, if you are short of isopropyl alcohol... just nip down to your local chemist, they do mini bottles of acetone. Just as good, used to use it a lot. No issues. 

The heatsink was an absolute word not allowed to get installed :angry: I had to apply a bit of force to it in the end to get the second screw aligned with its thread on the mounting bar. Thankfully, it finally clicked into position.

Noctua mounting is award winning, usually a piece of cake. 

I dread to think how much space the NH-D15 occupies with its twin heatsinks and fans! :ohmy:

Not an issue in any reasonably sized case. Fits with ample room to spare in my Phanteks Evolv TG. And looks AWESOME with black Noctua fans and black heat sink covers. I am considering marrying it.