Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Trivia Question

In the first two minutes of the opening of the film "BAT 21", Gene Hackman is on a golf course and a helicopter lands behind him as he is taking his tee shot. Okay, here's the question; "What is the manufacturer of the helicopter and what is the basic model type"? You don't need to name the rev type, but you need to get the basic model correct along with the manufacturer. Winner of this question gets a free drink or three at the AVSIM 2006 Conference in Washington DC next September. Good luck!

Guest John_Hirsch

And what does this have to do with the MS Flight Simulator General Discussion Forum??It seems that the common user must abide by forum policies but some have "Executive Privilege". Please move this message to the appropriate forum.Regards,

Guest Aidi

At last a question i know the answer to!!Its a Sikorsky... and i expect due to budget and availablity they could not get the exact model, so they use a an S61 N model.. Only reason i know, is that is the same bird i use when i fly home!! Which is the longest running scheduled helicopter service in the world.... Penzance to the Isles of Scilly.Do i get a raise tom??!!Best RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg

EEEEEHTTT... WRONG!!! :) Manufacturer, yes. Model, heck no!!!Besides, you wouldn't qualify for a free drink anyway. But, did I say it??? WRONG!!!!

Guest Aidi

I stand corrected, The S61 N has a radar dome protruding from the nose. It was the large outriggers which had me thinking it was the S61 NAnyway, Only other think i can think of is the Malaysian Air Force Sikorsky S-61A (as that is where the film was made)http://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg

I dont know, but I know I can't watch the History Channel anymore because that movie is ALWAYS on. Sheesh. I guess I better watch it all the way through next time.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest bobsk8

Seems to me like this either belongs on the Hangar Chat page or the Hardware Page :)

I tried to move the thread, I really did, but I started hearing subliminal messages "John Don't, John Don't, John Don't"Something to do with respect (fear?) for the thread's author? :)-John

Guest Goose00

You had to be kidding right? You do realize who ths forum belongs to, don't you?>And what does this have to do with the MS Flight Simulator>General Discussion Forum??>>It seems that the common user must abide by forum policies but>some have "Executive Privilege". Please move this message to>the appropriate forum.>>Regards,>

John, you are right. It was an SH-3. So, if you make it to the convention, you get the free drinks. :)