Sign in to follow this  
sudqui

737 zibo requirements

Hi. Watching this video I asked his owner for requirements for getting a good number of frames. My question it was: Hi. You can get that frames only with one pc and one graphic card? I have one pc too with one graphic card. I7 4790K oc 4.7 ghz and gtx 970 4gb oc. 
I use 4 screens,  3 for main view and 1 for matrox (3 screens for PFD, ND, and engines) I have fsx and 737 pmdg. I can not get the frames you get. Do you think xplane is better than fsx in order to get best results with frames? Thanks. 

What do you have in cpu frame time and gpu frame time?

How much RAM do you have? 

My first tought is that your vga is struggling, even more with three monitors.

When X-Plane has been implimented with Vulkan API, it should perform a bit better than it currently does. 

Your grapics card is a little on the weak side if you are running multiple screens. It might be worth getting an additional grapics card, or updating to a GTX 1080 or Ti  or RTX2070 Special 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

X-plane doesn't perform as well as P3D.  Maybe vulkan will improve that, who knows.  In the meantime, The Zibo is not that performance heavy, but X-plane is.  If you have custom scenery, weather, the Zibo and sliders set too high, you'll struggle for performance.  I have a 8700k with a 1080ti, and it struggles at times.  I dumped P3D a few months ago for X-plane because of the Zibo (prefer it to the PMDG bird, which I flew for 3 years), but P3D is optimized better.  The best you can do is try- remember Zibo is free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

When X-Plane has been implimented with Vulkan API, it should perform a bit better than it currently does. 

Your grapics card is a little on the weak side if you are running multiple screens. It might be worth getting an additional grapics card, or updating to a GTX 1080 or Ti  or RTX2070 Special 

I would invest in the RTX just because it will boost performance in X-plane and help your system be more MSFS friendly too.  I've been using a 1080ti for a little over a year- it's a great card, but still not enough to run all the eye candy I want.  ESPECIALLY if you're running multiple monitors. 

11 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

I would invest in the RTX just because it will boost performance in X-plane and help your system be more MSFS friendly too.  I've been using a 1080ti for a little over a year- it's a great card, but still not enough to run all the eye candy I want.  ESPECIALLY if you're running multiple monitors. 

I doubt that the 2070 Super is faster than the 1080 ti for Xplane. Even the 1080 can be at least equal.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1907-geforce-1080-ti-vs-rtx-2070-super-vs-radeon-5700-xt/

Edited by JcSk8

17 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

Hi. Do you think it works better with an additional graphic card? I must buy the same card or higher? Thanks. 

18 hours ago, JcSk8 said:

What do you have in cpu frame time and gpu frame time?

How much RAM do you have? 

My first tought is that your vga is struggling, even more with three monitors.

Hi. Where I can see the gpu and cpu frames? Thanks 

7 hours ago, sudqui said:

Hi. Where I can see the gpu and cpu frames? Thanks 

Try CTRL + SHIFT + F

It may starts to show your frames on the upper left corner. Than you can move into your usual scenery + plane and check what is being more used.

cpu time and gpu time should be equal to a balanced performance.

If the shortcut doesn´t work, and you have to activate it manally follow the steps in the begining:

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/setting-the-rendering-options-for-best-performance/