Sign in to follow this  
FoxToGo

Fsx Hangs at random percentages whe Changing sim rate back to nor

I just installed FSX on my brand new computer. AMD Ryzen 5, nvidia geforce gtx 1050 graphics card. I have tested this on another computer, and it works fine. The problem is whenever I change the Sim Rate from 8x or above, back to normal it gets stuck at loading the traffic. I have noticed that the problem goes away when I change the scenery to low settings. However, this is ugly, and I don't want to fly like that. Any suggestions?

If I accelerate my simulator, I don't any higher than 4x's. 

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Someyimes I like to speed up the flight a bit becuase for me it it is too solow. (i am just an amateur). 4x is a bit too slow for me.

Edited by FoxToGo

Dropping from 8x to 1x forces FSX to reload all of the textures, traffic, etc.  Much like a change of location would do.

I don't know if the time your experiencing is normal, but some temporary hanging is to be expected.

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

But even on older, worse processor and graphics card, does in just a couple of seconds.

It also stops responding.

Edited by FoxToGo

On 12/10/2019 at 12:09 AM, FoxToGo said:

Someyimes I like to speed up the flight a bit becuase for me it it is too solow. (i am just an amateur). 4x is a bit too slow for me.

Well, I can empathise with you as I like to speed up FSX as much as possible when crossing an ocean but, although 4x can be a little slow, in my experience anything faster can cause all sorts of chaos in FSX. Apart from anything else, many autopilots don’t seem to be able to cope with acceleration faster than 4x and manual flight at these sort of acceleration levels can be quite a challenge!

As Ernest says, FSX has essentially to play catch up when you return the sim rate to normal and if you have the settings at fairly high levels then that gives it a lot of work to do. Perhaps if you find it is getting stuck loading AI traffic, then experiment with moving that slider a bit more to to left to see if it improves the prolonged hang up.

Bill

• Like 1

I wish all of the aircraft were like the QW787 where you can "jump" to any waypoint in your flight plan and it will adjust the date, time, fuel, payload, weather to what it is at that waypoint.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I actually did figure out the problem. I only know how to fly a 737, so I want some livires on it as well. I got a 151 livery pack from the internet. When I deleted it then did the test, it worked completly fine. I also tried with only 1 livery, it it was fine as well. Now I will try to get a list of livires, and install them indivudally.

57 minutes ago, FoxToGo said:

OK i can confirm that did not work. Is there any way I can have good scenery with it not crashing?

You now indicate "scenery".  Are you trying to install some freeware scenery or are you trying to install repaints for the FSX Default 737?

Submit News to AVSIM

Just the repaints. The scenery settings is what I was talking about. If I set it to low scenery, the problem goes away, but it looks ugly for me. But if I crank it up to high, the problem is there. And if I change some of the little settings, like Anti-Alasing and set time to system time, the percentages change, but only by a bit.

Your settings are extremely low but we already know the crashes are not caused by your settings.  Your sim is crashing when AI is being loaded.  So, like stated above, it is your AI that is causing the crashes.

Submit News to AVSIM