Sign in to follow this  
Guest MasterBlaster

Can't install FSX - drive can't read FSX DVD

Guest MasterBlaster

My DVD drive can't read the FSX DVD.The drive is very old (2000) but it's never given me a problem. I popped in the FS9 CD as a test and it started to install just fine.Trying to install FSX I get:F:setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application.Windows Explorer will see the folders and files but when trying to copy a file I get this error:Cannot copy Setup: Cannot read from the source file or disk.Testing the DVD on another machine it will begin to install so the disk is fine.There are no new drivers for the drive, it uses windows drivers. I tested both PIO and DMA modes with no change.What's going on here?WinXP ProI/O Magic DVD-ROM 6X

I have 2 DVD drives and it would not load on my older one.It loaded fine on my new SONY DVD driveI also ran the WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86 on disk 1 first which I dont know if this did anything or not///???allen

Guest MasterBlaster

Great...So it looks like I have buy and install a new DVD drive just to install the game.That brings the price for FSX up to $129.98Grrr