Sign in to follow this  
scotth6

Scenery Indexer not indexing one scenery

HI,

I have noticed that the Scenery Indexer for UGCX is not detecting one scenery, or perhaps a number of the sceneries from the same developer.  Yesterday I installed a UK2000 scenery.  The path is in "C:\Myaddons\UK2000 Scenery", which is the location for all these sceneries.  It is activated via the addon.xml and it appears fine in the sim.  I have tried multiple times, and the indexer has run multiple times, but when I try to activate UCGX I get a message saying the aircraft is not parked in a parking spot.

Any ideas why this scenery is not being picked up?  The scenery in question is London Luton by UK2000.

Cheers,

Hey scotth,

Try to post your UGCX log file and also the add-ons.xml, also there is a scenery_addons.xml file try posting all them three so we can start analyzing why it`s not picking it up

Manuel

spacer.png

Thanks Manuel,

I just tried to get a fresh log file by trying to to start UGCX at the airport, and it suddenly worked.  I did a bit more testing, because it didn't work three times in a row when I started three previous flights from that airport.  It turns out that some parking spots are not working and some are.  I have not tested them all, but parking spots 43, 44, 45 do not work with UGCX.  40 and 41 do work.  I also had a quick browse through the log file, and it seems it is making reference to an EGGW AFCAD which is in an ORBX region scenery, and not the UK2000 addon airport.  Is there a way to force it to use the UK2000 scenery instead?

Here are the files.  I could not find an option to upload them in the post directly, so here are some links to download them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1adYBl8Dz1852QVCHDoP7NJTD4e5HROAS/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xGLsoa0LojBC4CYjIHR7Jg6O9zFsMVw-/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kq1cj8kCmKYHms5uRajOWMO-fnMuG7qJ/view?usp=sharing

Cheers,

After looking at your files, I think I can see what's going on however, I'm still a little bit confusing it works for some parkings and for others doesn't, but I can see that your UK2000 is sitting at layer 950, UGCX is not reading that layer number and just seeing that UK2000 scenery is in a layer below ORBX layers,  (in the scenery_addon.xml), thats why it's always picking up ORBX sceneries however, I'm still think of why it's working for some parkings and for others not

Manuel

spacer.png

Thanks Manuel,

Maybe the position of some parking spots correspond between the two different AFCADs, or they are close enough, and some are not close enough?  I will see if I can adjust the position of the UK2000 airport in relation to the ORBX region airport by using the library insertion point tool in ORBX Central.  I think that should fix it.

Cheers,

1 hour ago, scotth6 said:

Maybe the position of some parking spots correspond between the two different AFCADs

I think you are right, maybe the position is close enough between the two layouts.

In theory, if you remove the "<layer>950</layer>" section from your addon.xml, then it will not override the default layer number of UK2000 which is lower than ORBX sceneries, and then you also need to move UK2000 sceneries to the top (above) than ORBX sceneries (in the scenery_addons.xml file), in other words, by moving the UK2000 more to the bottom of the scenery_addons.xml file which means that it will be at top of the ORBX scenery entries. I'm trying now to modify UGCX to see if it can read that "<layer>950</layer>" because something tells me this is not the first scenery add-on that has this kind of thing.

Manuel

spacer.png

Yeah, I think the new addon xml method still has some issues, or at least some things which developers and users seem to have not figured out yet.  There seems to be no easy way to keep things in order; something which was easily achieved with the scenery.cfg method.

6 hours ago, scotth6 said:

which was easily achieved with the scenery.cfg method

Exactly it was simpler, now its all different, let's see how FS2020 will come hahahahaha, if they will keep it the same as always or different.

Manuel

• Like 1

spacer.png

I just got the no parking spot message again today.  i was using ORBX's LDDU airport.  I will post back when I have tried it again and have recorded what UGCX is reading instead of the ORBX airport.

Strangely this new error is coming up despite the UGCX log saying that it is loading the correct AFCAD (ORBX LDDU).  It works at some parking spots but not at other spots.  I am trying at Gate 18 and it is not working.

Hey scotth6,

If you receive a "plane not at parking" message, you could try, by using anm option that reloads the scenery cache, just to disgard the fact that maybe the module didnt detected you have moved to a new place and it didnt checked that. It's at UGCX main menu -> options -> Reload scenery option, that will force or tell to UGCX to reload the scenery data from cache and it will force UGCX to check your current location, try doing that on parking it doesnt recognizes to see if it suddenly detects  the correct one according to what the UGCX log says.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Hi Manuel.  I have looked again at the airport with the issue, LDDU, and now it seems that the affected parking positions may have not been included in the ORBX LDDU AFCAD, despite being drawn on the ground poly.  I tried to start again at gate 18, and could not find it in the P3D menu.  I can't recall now how I ended up there the first time.  I must have taxied to that spot or something.

Cheers,