Sign in to follow this  
vidha

High CPU usage 16.14

Hi

Today I upgraded to 16.14, and made a flight from KPHX to KLAX. When arriving KLAX there were several massive freezes, then the sim continued. I checked the performance in task manager, and discovered psxseecontraffic using 35-40 % CPU, almost same as P3D itself. There were 21 live ac atm, then I reinstalled 16.12 and there was almost 0 CPU use, even with 21 live ac. Could there be a bug somewhere?

24 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

Hi

Today I upgraded to 16.14, and made a flight from KPHX to KLAX. When arriving KLAX there were several massive freezes, then the sim continued. I checked the performance in task manager, and discovered psxseecontraffic using 35-40 % CPU, almost same as P3D itself. There were 21 live ac atm, then I reinstalled 16.12 and there was almost 0 CPU use, even with 21 live ac. Could there be a bug somewhere?

That cannot be true....

Are you measurements correct. I have 0.21% cpu load with 32 live aircraft.

Nico

15 minutes ago, kiek said:

That cannot be true

It happened, but I don't know why. I never experienced that before, which was why I thought maybe it's a bug of some sort. I will try 16.14 again, to see if it happens again.

Hi. I saw your post about reverting to 16.12. Today I made a new test with 16.14, and same happened on approach on the second leg from KLAX to KORD. Full freeze several seconds several times. Task manager CPU use show PSXseecontraffic process with 30 % CPU use, as if the program is hanging in a loop or something. I even have a screenshot, but can not attach it here.

12 hours ago, vhaaland said:

Hi. I saw your post about reverting to 16.12. Today I made a new test with 16.14, and same happened on approach on the second leg from KLAX to KORD. Full freeze several seconds several times. Task manager CPU use show PSXseecontraffic process with 30 % CPU use, as if the program is hanging in a loop or something. I even have a screenshot, but can not attach it here.

Could you exit PSXT normally or is it competely hanging?

Sorted I think, try 16.15

Edited by kiek

Very good to hear. I havn't had a chance to test a flight yet, but will as soon as possible

I have tested your latest version over the last week, and the issue did not happen again. Thanks for fixing it!