Sign in to follow this  
NBouc

FSUIPC: What could trigger the following entry in FSUIPC.LOG ?

What could trigger the following entry in FSUIPC.LOG (version 5152e3) ?

9210500 ### Mode: FREEZE_ATT on FREEZE_ALT on FREEZE_LATLON on

I have a situation where after a certain time of flight on a multi-legs session, P3Dv4 HF2 would start to freeze for a few second every time I issue a "reset eyepoint" in any view using the PMDG NGXu and this entry is added to FSUIPC.LOG when it happens. That's the only log having an entry corresponding to the freeze. I am trying to identify what possible actions can produce this entry in the log, in the hope it would help me solve the "freeze" issue.

Any idea ?

BTW, PMDG is unable to reproduce the issue.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

53 minutes ago, NBouc said:

What could trigger the following entry in FSUIPC.LOG (version 5152e3) ?

9210500 ### Mode: FREEZE_ATT on FREEZE_ALT on FREEZE_LATLON on

Suggest you ask on the FSUIPC support forum if you haven't already done so - Pete or John Dowson may be able to help.

https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Al

Edited by ark

The log line is just reporting 'mode' changes on the user aircraft (sim object) received from the PDK.

Does this only occur in certain situations when you issue the 'reset eyepoint' control/event? You could try activating non-axis events to see what events/controls are being sent in the different situations when you issue the 'reset eyepoint'. Also please try with a default aircraft.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Does this only occur in certain situations when you issue the 'reset eyepoint' control/event?

Thank you John for your reply. There is nothing special happening when the issue starts to occur, other than being on a second or third leg inside the same session. I could be cruising at FL350 simply monitoring the instruments when it starts to occur. It does not matter where I fly (North America, Europe, Asia, etc...). No specific actions are performed preceding the issue other than panning around and reset eyepoint.

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

You could try activating non-axis events to see what events/controls are being sent in the different situations when you issue the 'reset eyepoint'. Also please try with a default aircraft.

I'll try with logging the non-axis events, maybe it will give me additional clues as to what causes the freeze. The issue does not happen with a default aircraft, nor with my other 3rd party aircrafts (PMDG NGX and B777-200). Only the NGXu, any variant, and only when flying more than one leg in the same P3D session. I can do the same with the other aircrafts and never have the problem.

Having nothing else special happening is what makes it very difficult for me to debug the issue. It would be simpler if I was always doing something specific preceding each issue, I would then know where to look. Hopefully, I have FSUIPC logging that might help me.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

15 hours ago, ark said:

Suggest you ask on the FSUIPC support forum if you haven't already done so - Pete or John Dowson may be able to help.

https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Al

Thanks Al, but I see that John has already replied here. I'll save that URL for future reference.

Normand

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm getting the FREEZE as well.

6 hours ago, bmaik said:

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm getting the FREEZE as well.

No I did not. I ended up not using FSUIPC anymore.

Normand

51 minutes ago, NBouc said:

I ended up not using FSUIPC anymore.

Blame the messenger?

I'm sure it couldn't have been anything to do with FSUIPC itself. The message in the log is just helpful information logged for events being notified to it!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Pete, I am not blaming the messenger. My decision to no longer use FSUIPC has noting to do with the message in the log, I simply had no more use for it following changes to my flight sim setup.

Normand