Sign in to follow this  
BIRDOG1

INVALID LICENCE (resolved)

Hi.I bought today the 10th of December and  I downloaded the GNT 750 on a computer for use on another computer . It IS INSTALLED ON THE OTHER COMPUTER AND WORKING ok EXCEPT I have  an invalid licence warning .

I have a transfer licence ( TRANSFER_RXP-GNT750-X9.lic) , a licence key ( christian_weber-rexprxp-gnt750-x9.key) and a proof of purchase (proof_of_purchase_RXP-GNT750-x9) installed in c:/program files (x68)/reality xp folder.

What I'm doing wrong?

9 hours ago, BIRDOG1 said:

Q: What I'm doing wrong?

A: installed in c:/program files (x68)/reality xp folder.

Have you manually moved the files from C:\RealityXP to C:\Program Files... ? 

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

HI.

No manually move.  I've reinstalled the software on a connected compter ( that is not connecting to Wrapper server...I don't understand why) using transfer licence as precisely instructed, the software is in c:/realityXP. still have the invalid licence warning. 

When installing I have to cancel the windows framework installation for Garmin because I can't connect to the server. But the Garmin trainer is working OK as the GNT750 powes up and works, just telling that the Licence i snot valid...and stops working 10 minutes after the power up.

Correction on last topic

No manually move.  I just removed and reinstalled the software on a connected compter ( that is not connecting to Wrapper server...I don't understand why) using transfer licence as precisely instructed. The software is installed automatically is in c:/program files (x68)/reality xp folder.

Still have the invalid licence warning. 

When installing I have to cancel the windows framework installation for Garmin because I can't connect to the server. But the Garmin trainer is working OK as the GNT750 powes up and works, just telling that the Licence is not valid...and stops working 10 minutes after the power up.

Can you please review all the steps and confirm each of these:

Important: Make sure you follow the instructions EXACTLY. If you deviate even slightly from these instructions the transfer will not work. The steps are easy however, just make sure nothing is missed.

1. You must take the LicenseTransfer.exe file to the non-Internet connected machine. Place the LicenseTransfer.exe file in an easily accessible location, such as your desktop. Again, LicenseTransfer.exe MUST be on the EXACT computer you are going to use the software on.

2. Run LicenseTransfer.exe. When you do, enter your name and press OK. You will see a new file called Your_Name.xfr (press F5 to refresh the folder if it does not show up). The Your_Name will be replaced with the name you enter.

3. You will need to place the Your_Name.xfr file on to a floppy disk, CD ROM, or some other storage device so you can move it to your Internet connected machine where you will make your purchase. This process is also valid for reinstalls where you have already made your purchase, but are using the Reinstall option with your Key file.

4. On your Internet connected (purchase) machine, place the Your_Name.xfr file into a good, known location. You may want to keep it stored there for future use.

5. Run the e-commerce enabled EXE file. When you get to the screen that asks you if you want to use this software on "This Computer", or on "Another Computer", make sure you select the "Another Computer" option. Press Continue. You will then need to browse to the Your_Name.xfr file you created earlier and moved to that machine. Then go through the Purchase or Reinstall steps as normal.

6. The software extracted will not work on the current computer you just made the purchase or reinstall on. In fact, automatic running of the Setup files have been disabled when you use the License Transfer option. What you will need to do is to move the resulting setup and license files to your non-Internet computer. You will need to:

a. Copy the full contents of the C:\RealityXP folder. Primarily, you will see a large Setup file, plus a file with the .LIC extension. Copy the "MySetup.exe" and "_TRANSFER_MyLicense.lic" file (note the _TRANSFER_ section as this will need to be removed later), as well as any proof of purchase or key files to a CD or other device that will enable you to move the software to the non-Internet machine. If C:\ is not your Windows boot drive, the folder may be "F:\RealityXP" for example.

b. Once on the non-Internet machine, you can run the Setup application to run your software. It will be very important you place the license (.lic) file in the following location: C:\RealityXP folder (or whatever your Windows_Boot drive is that contains Reality XP Software). You also need to remove the _TRANSFER_ part of the file name, including the leading and trailing underscore (_). If you do not do this, the software will not work. Simply right click the file and select Rename, or highlight the file in Explorer, select File, then Rename. The following is an example:

The file:
      _TRANSFER_MyProduct.lic
 now becomes:
      MyProduct.lic

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi.

I did exactly as you wrote: It is working OK now.

I had not move the files to  the C:\realityXP folder.

Thanks a lot for the support

Chris