Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

Simtweaks site and activation server down

17 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Not sure if know, but before I am pulling the trigger on Tomatoshade, does the figures and values of PTA should be same as in TS ? Meaning 1.20 terrain lighting is same 1.20 in TS ?

15 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Well, i guess we can say goodbye to PTA for now... Anyone can help with transition to Tomatoshade please ? I am terrified to start tweaking all over again now. 😢

PTA and TS values are *roughly* equivalent. TS adds gamma to a few of the PTA tweaks and that can change things a fair bit.

The way I create a new TS preset (if both PTA and TS updates are updated around the same time) is to update the one, then copy over to the other and correct any issues. Many of the tweaks are inter-dependent so you actually end up modifiying most values. It's a good starting point, though.

If anyone has both PTA and TS, they're welcome to try both my latest presets and compare the individual values (though I hope the end result looks the same for both).

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Reply to Matt's (quoted) post:

Normally, it's not our business to know how a company runs their business. Trading in any competitive (and volatile) market these days is bound to be tricky - and what goes on behind the scenes is really irrelevant. The "proof of the pudding" is in the service the company offers.

All these tales of woe (true as they may be) are just flim-flam. When an *ACTIVATION SERVER* keeps going down and you can't actually USE the product, the end result is that it's a shoddy service - period.

It's been pointed out (quite often, I think) that a single one-time online activation would avoid all these down server times. Sure - the software could (should?) contact the server to check for updates, but should still always remain functional in its current state. This inherent problem [with PTA] is what continues to give all us users the most grief.

Regardless of whether the current issue has been fixed, I still feel more than a little let down. Haven't we heard all this before?

I can't be bothered to find the actual post but, last time this happened, Matt assured us that the two projects would be unlinked and that ProjectFly issues (financial or server) would not happen again. Yet this is precisely what's happened again.

Quite simply, Simtweaks has lost my trust - and loyalty only goes so far. The next version (when or if it appears) may purport to be the best thing since sliced bread, but I don't think I'll be biting.

Most users that are able to use a product like PTA will have many other add-ons for their sims - all of which need activating/updating. I know of no other FS product that has given so much trouble. If all my add-ons behaved the same way as PTA, there simply wouldn't be time to actually enjoy the sim itself. Life is too short.

Adam.

P.S. Calling people in the FS community "idiots" isn't what I call good P.R.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Seems that the Simtweaks site is back live again.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

5 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I can't be bothered to find the actual post but, last time this happened, Matt assured us that the two projects would be unlinked and that ProjectFly issues (financial or server) would not happen again. Yet this is precisely what's happened again. 

Here you go. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Ah, it works again: https://www.simtweaks.com/ .

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Hi guys:

Talking about PTA, now with the new feature of P3Dv4.5 that allows to rebuild the shaders (even assigning the command to a joystick button) inside the sim, it's possible to run PTA while P3D is also running?. Has anybody tried it?. If it that's possible, it would be a considerable time that could be saved between closing and opening the simulator.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

10 hours ago, edpatino said:

Talking about PTA, now with the new feature of P3Dv4.5 that allows to rebuild the shaders (even assigning the command to a joystick button) inside the sim, it's possible to run PTA while P3D is also running?. Has anybody tried it?. If it that's possible, it would be a considerable time that could be saved between closing and opening the simulator.

It works exactly as you describe. Change values in PTA and press the button assigned to reloading the shaders while both PTA and P3D are running.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.