Sign in to follow this  
yanfeng12342000

To those who think VR is puny

3 hours ago, yurei said:

Before stating my suggestions, thanks for the consideration for cockpit builders and hardware controllers. For many, many community members (most of whom prefer not to argue with the boi-s), this is an important part of their product experience and could be a significant factor in any purchase decision.

This forum is specifically for users who are interested in having VR included in MFS as their priority. It should not be used by gamers to push the "pretend-I-m-a-pilot-in-a-home-cockpit" priorities at the expense of VR and the serious simmers who want to simulate the essential feelings of flight. Use the main forum instead.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Glad to see you have been promoted to moderator. Report me. I have been talking about VR in the new simulator the whole time.

Edited by yurei

On 12/13/2019 at 4:59 PM, Murmur said:

This forum is specifically for users who are interested in having VR included in MFS as their priority. 

No, it is not. Quoting from the very description of this subforum: "This forum is for discussions of virtual reality as it relates to Microsoft Flight Simulator."

Nothing about "priority" at all in that description, right? That being said, I'm personally becoming more and more interested in trying out VR, but given that my only interest flightsimming-wise is tubeliners I'm still a bit on the fence - while waiting for MSFS. I do have DCS installed with the recently released F-16C so that mifght be a starting point. We'll see.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

On 12/12/2019 at 8:00 PM, yurei said:

Definitely not puny, and definitely significant for future of flight simulation. Just currently underbaked and a wonky kludge for simulating real world pilotage. And definitely currently unsuitable for real world pilots using simulation to maintain skills. 

Disagree 100%. VR is significantly better than flatscreen for maintaining skills. You develop muscle memory for control locations when you’re using hand controllers. You can turn your head properly to look at things. 

In my experience, pilots tend to love it, whereas many find flatscreen extremely fake, and it’s well known that traditional sim pilots spend far too much time fixated on the gauges.

If it was “definitely unsuitable” for real world pilots, Lockheed Martin and Laminar wouldn’t have put so much effort into developing it over the past 2 years.

• Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

13 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Disagree 100%. VR is significantly better than flatscreen for maintaining skills. You develop muscle memory for control locations when you’re using hand controllers. You can turn your head properly to look at things.

couldnt said it better, not only for flightsims, i also race in VR and your driving skills improve you really getting faster then on standard 2 monitor.

Your situational awareness while driving is something special, you allways know where your

opponent drive around you, wheel to wheel races are possible without crashing.

Just ask someone who moved from standard to VR racing.

One othere thing try to estimate the distance and the altitude during the landing approach without VR 😅

back landing in 2D you miss so many informations, its harder.

If you are interested watch this Video: Pro-Driver Tries VR Racing Sim (Comparison to Real-Life)

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

VR is significantly better than flatscreen for maintaining skills. You develop muscle memory for control locations when you’re using hand controllers. You can turn your head properly to look at things. 

Absolutely agree with that. Is as simply as landing in a runway of 10cm (3,9 inches) on a flat screen (put it 20 if you have a 65" screen) or landing in a 1:1 real life size runway in VR.

Cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.