Sign in to follow this  
Toktok

Christmas/New Year Sales

1 hour ago, Polymerman said:

20% is hardly a decent discount but thanks anyway!

At least it's better than a kick in the word not allowed

Greg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Polymerman said:

thanks anyway

agree ..... whatever discount as their airports are without low visibility daytime ALS / runway lighting.

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Well after having discounts from orbx -50, lvfr -40, DD -30 and even fly Tampa and majestic e.g. I tend to vote with my wallet. That means my money goes to those fair enough to offer these discounts.

For instance fsdg is one who don't do marketing strategy. I have lost litterary hundereds of dollars when moving from FSX Steam. I know, some like vidan design offered me a free P3Dv4 uppgrade. FSDG nothing. No sales eigther... So even though they are top notch, there is so much top notch on Sale. Just an example.

So -20% is only for those who really want to buy a scenery, a particular. Not for those who makes a spontanious bargain purchase. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

IMHO, if it's not at least 50% off, is not a bargain. A sale belongs on a newsletter, not an AVSIM BARGAIN forum.

Having said all that, PacSim is an excellent developer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I totally agree a bargain is around 50% off, but also agree 30-50% will make one be spontaneous. With any discount 25% and above at least those companies know that consumers will be more enticed to purchase, unlike FSDG, Imaginesim and a few others that are very stubborn, especially given that many simmers are now saving for msfs2020 and will be less likely to purchase for any other sim the closer msfs gets to release.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It's sad that some developers like PacSim did not take advantage of an excellent opportunity to get some extra sales from customers like me who want to buy at 50% off on black Friday or cyber Monday.

By this time next year most simmers like me who do regional flying and scenery exploration will have moved on to MSFS 2020 and most devs will be out of this business.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

20 percent off is least of your problems.

The problem is how to buy those terrific PacSim sceneries WITHOUT using much dreaded Paypal.

I am still waiting for reply from @Toktok where and which retail flight simming websites to buy Pacsim sceneries while avoiding PayPal

I bought few PacSim sceneries in the past from retail flight simming websites but it seems that PacSim right now stops selling sceneries outside of its own website that features Paypal

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 1

signCopy.jpg

We would like to thank everyone who've bought our products throughout this year and during the Holiday Sales season. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all from the PacSim team.

• Like 3

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

31 minutes ago, Toktok said:

We would like to thank everyone who've bought our products throughout this year and during the Holiday Sales season. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all from the PacSim team.

SLC is great!! Been waiting for a discount for a while to pick it up. Thanks!

Picked up KRNO and RKSI, great additions to my P3D world!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

56 minutes ago, Cat3b2013 said:

SLC is great!! Been waiting for a discount for a while to pick it up. Thanks!

Looking at SLC also, but according the the PacSim site it is the current airport version. 

Their site mentions it being a work in progress, but I would need some assurances that they will update the FSX version to the planned 2020 renovations.

Far too many scenery developers has said no more FSX development or updates.

Thanks..

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem