Sign in to follow this  
aspeedbirdpilot

Aerosoft A330 cockpit windows

Hey guys it seems that on my Aerosoft A330 the cockpit windows seem to be much more dimmed or darker than on aircraft such as the PMDG 777 or 747. I have tomatoshade with HDR enabled and for Brightness:1.00, Bloom:0.10, Saturation:1.00 (I have tried without HDR and default shaders). The windows on the A330 are extremely dark and make the cockpit seem like it is drowned in a sea of shadows compared to other videos of the A330 in Youtube. I have not got cloud shadows enabled. Thank you very much in advanced

The view out of the VC is like that for a reason on the model. They are modeling the thickness of the glass, IIRC. They had a pic on their forum of a real Airbus with one side of the windshield gone and I never knew the glass had an effect like that. 

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

They state on their forums that they don't recommened any 3rd party shaders. This also might be contributing to the effects.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

like Jude said.  T Hey state no shaders.  But they should at least attempt an alternate version or general change.  The majority of hard core simmers do use shaders and mostly without having problems with other airplanes.  I can certainly understand how difficult it must be to design a new airplane with so many different shaders being used.  But I'm sure having this airplane play nice with tomatoshade is possible. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

55 minutes ago, micstatic said:

like Jude said.  T Hey state no shaders.  But they should at least attempt an alternate version or general change.  The majority of hard core simmers do use shaders and mostly without having problems with other airplanes.  I can certainly understand how difficult it must be to design a new airplane with so many different shaders being used.  But I'm sure having this airplane play nice with tomatoshade is possible. 

PMDG have said the same with the NGXu. It's so much easier to say no shaders. But like you say the majority of hard core simmers dont like there sim to look bland and lifeless. But also like you say, for developers to test every shader program out there, it's properly impossible. Let alone everyone's personal taste on top of that. 

So I do understand the developers point of view but there is no way I would fly without EF. (or whatever one's personal taste is on shaders).

The AS A330 looks very nice so does the...god I hate the word "pro" version of the CRJ.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The problem is that there often shader presets to let the plane and the terrain look good, but they don't work for VC. The problem is the shader presets, not the product from the devs.

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Ah ok thanks guys i completely understand that it mast be extremely hard for the developers. Just that i saw some youtube videos with the same RD preset for tomatoshade as me and their windows were more clear than mine with the same HDR settings. By the way thanks for the reply's so far 🙂

11 minutes ago, aspeedbirdpilot said:

Ah ok thanks guys i completely understand that it mast be extremely hard for the developers. Just that i saw some youtube videos with the same RD preset for tomatoshade as me and their windows were more clear than mine with the same HDR settings. By the way thanks for the reply's so far 🙂

I wonder if RD has applied an aircraft level profile?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 12/12/2019 at 7:45 AM, aspeedbirdpilot said:

Hey guys it seems that on my Aerosoft A330 the cockpit windows seem to be much more dimmed or darker than on aircraft such as the PMDG 777 or 747. I have tomatoshade with HDR enabled and for Brightness:1.00, Bloom:0.10, Saturation:1.00 (I have tried without HDR and default shaders). The windows on the A330 are extremely dark and make the cockpit seem like it is drowned in a sea of shadows compared to other videos of the A330 in Youtube. I have not got cloud shadows enabled. Thank you very much in advanced

I have same problem with you. So what i can do with the preset for more clear cockpit? I looking for in youtube but i cant find it (thats video what you mean)

Thank you so much.