Sign in to follow this  
drijanthony

MSFS 2020 Forum is live!

We're in the same boat then. At least it looks like the public forum is going live earlier than expected. This could tie with the Feedback Snapshot V1 which is coming today.

51 minutes ago, Elwyn said:

Like the subject says... I got email activation already! check it out! 

I merged your post with a similar one that was already started.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is sort of on topic (I hope) but I noticed when I joined the Insider program over the summer it generated a "Gamertag" such as Player#########.  I registered for their new forum and that is what my name is showing as and I don't see a way to change it to a regular username.  Maybe once the forums are officially up that can be done....I wonder?

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

19 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

This is sort of on topic (I hope) but I noticed when I joined the Insider program over the summer it generated a "Gamertag" such as Player#########.  I registered for their new forum and that is what my name is showing as and I don't see a way to change it to a regular username.  Maybe once the forums are officially up that can be done....I wonder?

If you log into your Microsoft account, you can alter your gamertag once from the pre-generated one. After that, changing it costs money.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DadJokeCinema said:

If you log into your Microsoft account, you can alter your gamertag once from the pre-generated one. After that, changing it costs money.

Eheheh - looks like in War Thunder :-)  You can change it twice, from there on, you have to pay...

With MS you have to pay every bit....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

16 hours ago, DadJokeCinema said:

I changed my Xbox gamer tag but it still shows the pre-generated one in the MSFS forums.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Still cant login to forums here (tech alpha too) as well, get the error or refresh and get the error about not authorized.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I've been able to set up a profile but still get the "public forums coming soon" message on the landing page.  I guess it's just taking them a while to roll everybody in.

2 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

I've been able to set up a profile but still get the "public forums coming soon" message on the landing page.  I guess it's just taking them a while to roll everybody in.

Hey Alan, had the same prob then i did this:

check your Microsoft account (https://account.microsoft.com)

look under devices / all devices

under each device there should be a "no problems found"

if you see a problem under one device, try to solve the problem.

Then in the forum log out and log in back.

that helped me at least.

I think I saw in one of the emails that someone posted that there was a link to request access - I'd look for that.

1 hour ago, DadJokeCinema said:

I think I saw in one of the emails that someone posted that there was a link to request access - I'd look for that.

Right, that's what I was expecting - haven't seen it yet (and it's not in my spam folder either).

@Nedo68 - Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately (or fortunately, maybe?) my Microsoft account shows no problems with my devices.  So that's not it.  It was worth checking, though.

I guess I'll hang loose and wait for the e-mail to turn up.

EDIT: Never mind.  I logged out and logged back in, and that seemed to have fixed it. 

Will go catch up on my reading now.

Thanks again, guys!

Edited by Alan_A
  • Like 1

The forums are not live at this time. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals