Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

Cockpit temperature

Hi FS2020 team!

A feature I really like from the a2a aircraft in p3d is the cockpit temperature reading they provide you. It adds immersion by giving meaning to the cockpit heating and air conditioning systems.

This seems like a relatively simple addition that hopefully you would consider including.

Cheers

Tom

Well I agree the added "system" of cockpit climate control is nice. If you've ever flown a dodgy single engine airplane in the winter you know the pain and importance of managing the heating controls and the danger of carbon monoxide....

A flatulent copilot is modded.

• Like 3

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

7 hours ago, Sticky said:

Well I agree the added "system" of cockpit climate control is nice. If you've ever flown a dodgy single engine airplane in the winter you know the pain and importance of managing the heating controls and the danger of carbon monoxide....

Could you add more details about the carbon monoxide? I've seen "pads" that turn black in the presence of it, but seems like overkill to bring something like this to every flight?

2 hours ago, bashope said:

Could you add more details about the carbon monoxide? I've seen "pads" that turn black in the presence of it, but seems like overkill to bring something like this to every flight?

It doesn't seem overkill at all to bring along something that warns you "hey, there's a gas leaking in that might make you faint in a few minutes, and you don't want that to happen while you're flying". In fact they're necessary equipment in Italy (probably all of Europe), can't legally fly without them.

But i've always heard they're inaccurate, slow to react and rely on you regularly checking on them to see if they're becoming black. There's digital sensors that, if i recall correctly, send an alarm straight to your headphones when they detect CO levels over the limit. Those would be much, much better and safer. If i ever get back into flying IRL i'll definitely get one of those.

Edited by nikita

2 hours ago, bashope said:

Well, they used to bring a canary but PETA wasn't fond it.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

6 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

A flatulent copilot is modded.

:laugh:

Hopefully, a package of these will be included with the program disc.

forest.jpg

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

2 hours ago, nikita said:

It doesn't seem overkill at all to bring along something that warns you "hey, there's a gas leaking in that might make you faint in a few minutes, and you don't want that to happen while you're flying". In fact they're necessary equipment in Italy (probably all of Europe), can't legally fly without them.

But i've always heard they're inaccurate, slow to react and rely on you regularly checking on them to see if they're becoming black. There's digital sensors that, if i recall correctly, send an alarm straight to your headphones when they detect CO levels over the limit. Those would be much, much better and safer. If i ever get back into flying IRL i'll definitely get one of those.

I'm a real life pilot in Germany. These are definitely not mandatory. They were never even mentioned in training (and I finished my training this year).

1 hour ago, bashope said:

I'm a real life pilot in Germany. These are definitely not mandatory. They were never even mentioned in training (and I finished my training this year).

Maybe just Italy then, or could also just be my school. I definitely remember my instructor not letting anyone fly if there wasn't a CO detector of some sort on the plane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bashope said:

There is no requirement for CO detection in the US either. But I hope dangers of CO were covered in flight physiology during your training. A cracked exhaust system can leak CO into the cockpit anytime. But since many(most) small planes get cabin heat from air routed around hot exhaust pipes, a leak in one of those pipes put CO directly into the cockpit. Those stickers are a bare minimum level of detection. I personally won't fly without an electronic CO detector.

Chris

It's a danger but it's extremely rare. I can't remember the last time I heard of a piston plane crashing because of carbon monoxide poisoning.

I don't have a monitor in my personal plane or work plane. They do have them in the CAP planes I occasionally fly. 

Edited by bonchie

Never flown an aircraft with a CO detector, but experienced CO poisoning in a DR400 with my family. Did one of my shortest traffic patterns followed by one of my wobbliest landings ever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Never flown an aircraft with a CO detector, but experienced CO poisoning in a DR400 with my family. Did one of my shortest traffic patterns followed by one of my wobbliest landings ever. 

Never had such problems 🙂

I love flying sailplanes...

BTW: Are any such aircraft supposed to be offered in default MFS hangar ?

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...