Sign in to follow this  
Brianl

Helicopter Cyclic Trim Problem

The real world Cabri G2 helicopter has a cyclic trim switch that sets trim for pitch and bank. My heli model by MP Design Studio works a treat with P3D. P3D has settings for elevator trim up & down and aileron trim left & right: these key assignments work perfectly for fixed wing aircraft. But I can't make them work on my rotary wing Cabri G2. This is also the case with other helix resident in P3D.

This is a great nuisance because without the ability to apply trim one has to maintain a constant force on the cyclic during flight.

Please can someone suggest a solution?

4 hours ago, Brianl said:

The real world Cabri G2 helicopter has a cyclic trim switch that sets trim for pitch and bank. My heli model by MP Design Studio works a treat with P3D. P3D has settings for elevator trim up & down and aileron trim left & right: these key assignments work perfectly for fixed wing aircraft. But I can't make them work on my rotary wing Cabri G2. This is also the case with other helix resident in P3D.

This is a great nuisance because without the ability to apply trim one has to maintain a constant force on the cyclic during flight.

Please can someone suggest a solution?

Welcome to the world of sim helicopters where the trim never works correctly. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks kand.

Do you know if this will work in P3D with all helicopters? If so, I'll get it.

Brian

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Welcome to the world of sim helicopters where the trim never works correctly. 

Hmmm. That's a sweeping statement. Are you being serious or having a laugh? I was hoping for some help here.

Brian

2 hours ago, Brianl said:

Hmmm. That's a sweeping statement. Are you being serious or having a laugh? I was hoping for some help here.

Brian

I have 6 copters, and hundreds of hours flying them. I'm serious as a heart attack. BTW, I stopped flying them a couple of years ago. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

FSUIPC does simulate trim in helicopters and it does work in P3d.  I have been using FSUIPC with helicopters in P3d for years.  I only fly helicopters, so, have a couple thousand hours in the sim using FSUIPC with all sorts of helicopter models.

Danny

On 12/13/2019 at 9:54 PM, kand said:

FSUIPC simulates a cyclic trim

Thanks kand & DannyR. This now looks hopeful and I will be giving FSUIPC a go. I'm hoping for the best. Flying the real G2 costs >£400 an hour and so my opportunities are limited. P3D let's me do it at no cost which is why I depend on it. I've seen many comments that sim matches real life so badly it's not worth doing. My experience differs; I've now got the sim settings for the Cabri so close to real life that after doing a couple of practice flights using P3D I can go to the airfield and be able to fly the real one almost the same. With trim control that will be perfect.

OK, in my lifetime the sim will never match real smells, sound, feel, visuals and g forces. But it will definitely be good enough for me.

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Brian, I also have the G2 on my sim.  I would be very interested in your settings to get close to real life action.  I have a 3 DOF motion platform and having the sim performing close to real life would be great.  Please share....

Danny