Sign in to follow this  
westman

CRJ PRO AP

3 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Thank you for the update. You will have to tell me which buttons and their locations you say are missing so I can investigate. I do not fly the CRJ so have not read the manual.

The TOGA push button is located on the throttle handles.  It engages TOGA mode on the runway just prior to takeoff, or when initiating a go-around or missed approach on final.

The Sync button is on the backside of the yokes and (if AP is NOT engaged) it synchronizes vertical and lateral mode settings to those currently flown (e.g. you are climbing at 240 kias in SPD mode heading 225 in HDG mode: the speed bug will be set to 240 and the HDG bug set to 225.  If I understand it correctly, that will center the FD bars, and engaging the AP right after will direct it to fly exactly as you had been manually.  Can be handy if flying vectors from Departure manually, and want to hand it off to the autopilot quickly as workload climbs, for example.

Scott

@petdocvmd please try these changes. It adds ASCRJ_TQ_TOGA_1_press and ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SYNC_press. Report when tested.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

17 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

@petdocvmd please try these changes. It adds ASCRJ_TQ_TOGA_1_press and ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SYNC_press. Report when tested.

I did not get a chance to try the Sync yet (btw - it should synch hdg AND spd - unlike hdg synch button on MCP).

The TOGA press did not work.  I could see the button depress, but the mode did not change.  When I pressed it with the mouse soon after, it engaged.  Weird that it caused the visual press, but not the action...

Thx,

Scott

How long must you click the mouse before TOGA engages? Does the button have to be held continuously? Try the TOGA_on function. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

7 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

How long must you click the mouse before TOGA engages? Does the button have to be held continuously? Try the TOGA_on function. 

It's a momentary press - does not have to be held.  When clicked with mouse the animation shows the button depressing and popping right back out,  The PFD lat & vert modes immediately change to "TO" over "TO."

I will try the TOGA_ON function (prob tonight) and report back.

Thank you!

Scott

@petdocvmd I have been trying to fly the CRJ today. Even when I mouse click the TOGA button (red on side of throttle) I don't see anything happening. What phase of flight do you need to be? Are there any other indications like the throttles moving forward?

EDIT And what is that persistent chirping alarm without any cockpit indications? And how do you stop it?

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

@petdocvmd I think I have fixed the TOGA button press. I can only get GA-GA (go around?) as I can not get the CRJ to fly a AP approach. Try this version.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

@petdocvmd I think I have fixed the TOGA button press. I can only get GA-GA (go around?) as I can not get the CRJ to fly a AP approach. Try this version.

Will try.  the TO/TO annunciation only occurs on the ground in takeoff configuration with the AP disengaged.  it's pressed just before advancing throttles to TO detent.

Scott

TOGA works!  On takeoff, at least.  I managed to land after the tricky RNAV RWY 30 approach at Bozeman, so did not test it in go around mode yet 😉

Thanks!

Scott

Great news thank you. I do not believe the Yoke Sync has been implemented on the CRJ. I can on find any related Lvars and can not move a camera into a position behind the yoke to see or access the button.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

12 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Great news thank you. I do not believe the Yoke Sync has been implemented on the CRJ. I can on find any related Lvars and can not move a camera into a position behind the yoke to see or access the button.

Looking through the manual, it looks like it is not simulated as a button on the yoke, but is implemented via the P3D function "Flight Director (synch pitch)."  There is no default P3D keypress for this - it needs to be assigned by the user.  I should be able to choose that through LINDA's Default sim function list, correct?  I can try this tonight or this weekend.

Scott

Actually, I was just coming to ask about the TO/GA Switch. It is on the side of the throttles in the cockpit and the tooltip when you hover over the button is 'TO/GA Switch'. I am not sure if that is helpful, answers your question.

Edward Smoker Sr.

Thank you. The TOGA button is now working in the latest version.

• Like 2

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Would it be possible to add the Passenger Seat Belt sign switch? It is on the overhead panel to the left of the Emergency Light switch. Please and thank you.

Edward Smoker Sr.

21 hours ago, EdwardSm said:

Would it be possible to add the Passenger Seat Belt sign switch? It is on the overhead panel to the left of the Emergency Light switch. Please and thank you.

The overhead No Smoking, Seatbelt and Emergency Lights will be added to the next release.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK