Sign in to follow this  
Dreamsofwings1

sudden spikes/walls or terrain 'glitching' in

Hi, new one on me and no idea where this is coming from but all of a sudden when I am flying low the a spike or wall with stretched textures might suddenly reach up for a second or less and disappear.  Has anyone seen this before and know what the cure is?  I'd get a screenshot but it happens so quickly

Edit:  Added quick video of what I see.  This is happening all around and not just at the airport.

Edited by Dreamsofwings1

Warbird and GA pilot on P3Dv5 & MSFS

Dreamsofwings YouTube channel

5 minutes ago, Dreamsofwings1 said:

Hi, new one on me and no idea where this is coming from but all of a sudden when I am flying low the a spike or wall with stretched textures might suddenly reach up for a second or less and disappear.  Has anyone seen this before and know what the cure is?  I'd get a screenshot but it happens so quickly!

Possibly a corrupt ShadersHLSL folder.

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

Installed something new that has its own mesh?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

5 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Is your GPU overclocked?  (by factor or something else)

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, I believe my card might have come overclocked in the PC when I bought it last year but I haven’t changed anything.  
This is just something that has suddenly started for no apparent reason.

Doing some further testing I can see that this can also sometimes manifest as scenery tiles that will momentarily appear above ground level before disappearing again.

I'm really glad somebody posted about this issue as I've been dealing with it as of late. Same for me, it just started happening out of the blue. Doesn't always happen, but on most flights I see the spiking terrain, exactly as shown in your video.

As far as I know I've not experienced the scenery tiles appear above ground.

Unfortunately I have no clue as to the cause of these problems, nor any idea how to fix it.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I also saw this, but not everywhere, or always. I believe I first noticed it flying lowly over FS Jewels' (excellent) Hawaii, with FreeMeshX. I then rotated to ORBX' NZ South Island, where I didn't notice anything. I eventually installed Pilot's Ultimate NG mesh, still no spikes. Well, those are my observations...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Yes it is strange, I am seeing it everywhere.  I have seen it in different parts of the world, inside and outside of specific Orbx regions (though with Orbx Global Base, Vector and Openlc)

It occurs with or without my Pilots Ultimate NG activated.

it only seems to happen when the aircraft is closer to terrain.

7 hours ago, Dreamsofwings1 said:

Yes it is strange, I am seeing it everywhere.  I have seen it in different parts of the world, inside and outside of specific Orbx regions (though with Orbx Global Base, Vector and Openlc)

It occurs with or without my Pilots Ultimate NG activated.

it only seems to happen when the aircraft is closer to terrain.

I've never owned Pilots Ultimate NG, so it can be conclusively eliminated as a possible cause. (EDIT) It certainly could be a cause, but not for those of us who don't use it.

Good point about only seeing it within proximity to terrain. That's the only time I see this problem.

Kind Regards,

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I saw that same issue a few times right after a full install of P3D v4.5HF2. It was only happening after a few minutes of flying. It was weird, because I'd never seen that before. I decided to disregard it and forgot about it. A couple of days later I decided to try a different driver with my GTX 1070 and guess what, I have not seen that bug again. This sim has a way to keep us on our toes.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm still on HF1, so it's not that. Driver-wise I'm running 441.12. Jose, Dreamsofwings, which versions do you have?

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Well I think I have fixed it.  

Dimitrious - Have have just reverted back to 441.12

The other thing I did was to verify my Orbx library.

My money is on it being a driver issue with the latest couple of Nvidia drivers.

Rob thanks for your help!  This was at different areas e.g. ORBX SAK and PAVD, ORBX EU England and EGHR but as much as I try I can't get the glitch to appear.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

I'm still on HF1, so it's not that. Driver-wise I'm running 441.12. Jose, Dreamsofwings, which versions do you have?

I had issues with the most latest of drivers. 441.12 sounds like the one I'm using and have not seen the issue. I can firm if needed.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.