Sign in to follow this  
lennie

Win 10 "Let's get back on track"

Hi Guys,

So Win slipped another update on me while I wasn't looking. I think its at 1809 now. Some of my Saitek instruments don't work with this update. And following the directions to go back to 1803, it says "you can't go back". Any ideas? If I reinstall windows it will have the latest update? And that won't work for me.

1803 works for me. How can I do this??

This is a crazy thought but might work, set you system clock back to right after you installed 1803 and then follow the directions to go back to 1803? I've never done this and if others think its crazy and might screw something up be aware, this is just a guess on my part?

Just to add that MS grants you a mere 7 days to either stay with an Update or roll-back. If not done so within those 7 days then you are stuck with latest.

I'll check on drivers, but i thought that SPAD.next was supplying the drivers? Maybe i am wrong. It has not been 7 days as I fly about every day. The FIP's, radio panels, switch panel work; its the multi-panel with the AP that doesn't fire up with the Win update. I'll do some more searching, perhaps there is a way to fix that. Appreciate the help guys!

MS Win 10 just did a recent update on my PC, and  five shortcut icons are now missing from my screen!  I can't remember what the heck they were!  Don't know yet if the actual apps were also deleted!

Guess I'm gonna have to take an IPhone shot of my screen for future reference...   I'm cursing-out MS in my mind right now!

Sometimes Windows removes software that isn't compatible. 

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.