Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Titan over Wyoming

Cessna C402/C404 images have appeared several times in this Screenshots Forum....let's just say these (twin-engined) Cessna aircraft constitute an interesting series of Cessna planes. The topic of my post, here, is Cessna C404 Titan (I acquired the SIM today, just a few hours ago, from Alabeo SALE). The Cessna 404 Titan derived from Cessna 402, first flew on 26 February 1975. It was produced in three variants (1) Ambassador for Pax (2) Courier for convertible Combi and (3) Freighter for Cargo. Just under 400 units were manufactured during a short 6 year span of production.

And, about the state of Wyoming: I noticed today that I'd purchased this MSE scenery a long while ago, but, somehow, I had never installed it...so, here it is. Wyoming is a stunningly beautiful state (of snow-capped mountains, and spectacular canyons and valleys), somewhat overshadowed by its neighboring state to the south, Colorado. Within this state, the (flat) Great Plains finally meet the high walls of the (Rocky) mountains. Wyoming is also steeped in the history of westward expansion and gold rush from the Wild West era! I'd the pleasure of driving across the state once along the Interstate Highway 80. The famous Grand Teton standing tall at (13776'), is only about 30 feet less tall than the Gannett Peak, Gannett being the highest peak in the state (please see 2 shots below of Gannett's vicinity). Grand Teton (see the first daylight shot, below, of its vicinity) lies just 25 miles north of Jackson, the destination airport for the flight of this post [Side Note: The related name "Jackson Hole" is the valley surrounded by mountains while "Jackson" is the actual town/airport].

So, please find below a set of sample images for a flight between Cody (KCOD) and Jackson (KJAC) in the C404 Titan. And, while I'm now looking forward to do a bit of (extra) SIMMING during this holiday season, I cannot help wondering about the next 2020 holiday season in terms of how it might be transformed with the advent of the new MS SIM! Anyway, thanks for viewing these pictures and hope you enjoy! [Alabeo(C404)/MSE(Wyoming)/REX]

rCyIu0.png

eSK05p.png

QNoidD.png

W3ibCa.png

ih96la.png

c5ndL1.png

xVTIOa.png

UFRyyA.png

mBZxsT.png

UfFwD5.png

gtXb2u.png

qyEqaA.png

EUTrCC.png

ASChc8.png

vE4ecP.png

Uklwzy.png

QWlUFP.png

dojmZN.png

cIn1x3.png

qwcEOu.png

• Like 4

Beautiful scenery in your shots!

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I used to have a pay ware TITAN for FS9 ....I think made by a Frenchman.

I can't find it now but I do remember liking the aircraft.

• Like 1

***Sweet Series***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Great shots and a great scenery 🙂   but you will be a lot faster during cruise if you retract the flaps after takeoff 😉  (usually you don't need any flaps on the 404 for takeoff)

• Like 1

Ed, Patrick and FDE: Many thanks for the comments!

[FDE: Good catch. You're right, this plane is powerful enough to be able to lift-off without any flaps at all. I probably used 1 notch for takeoff, but, being in no hurry in the SIM...🙂...to reach anywahere, I've deliberately left it on to keep the speed under control for my (sensitive) FSX VFR...But, yes, normally, for cruise, I should surely clean up...thank you for the observation...]