Sign in to follow this  
AndreasAgios

Wing flex and lights

Hello pilots! I have a problem with Shockwave 3D lights and generaly with all light effects (nav, strobe etc) with the models that have flexible wings because the light is steady but the wing is moving! Is there any way that we can disengage the flexible wing, and if yes, does this affect the flying dynamics or is just a visual thing?

Thank you!

No, wing flex is part of the model and affects performance of the aircraft.  I have found, in my Sim, that the added wing lights will move off of their position while most center-line lights will stay in place.  That's the nature of the beast!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

33 minutes ago, charliearon said:

No, wing flex is part of the model and affects performance of the aircraft.  I have found, in my Sim, that the added wing lights will move off of their position while most center-line lights will stay in place.  That's the nature of the beast!

Then we cant use any of the effects in wings! I leave the [LIGHTS] section empty for wing lights (nav & strobe). So the lights that appear there are from Halo.bmp, right? Can we change the configuration on that without affect the runway and taxiway lights? 

37 minutes ago, charliearon said:

No, wing flex is part of the model and affects performance of the aircraft. 

It does? How?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

I'll let you read it!

Erm, I mean in the sim.  I'm not aware that FS9, FSX or P3D have an option to alter the flight dynamics due to wing flex.   

5 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Erm, I mean in the sim.  I'm not aware that FS9, FSX or P3D have an option to alter the flight dynamics due to wing flex.   

LOL!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.