Sign in to follow this  
morpheous

voice control not working

I've installed FS2Crew for 737u as per instructions and configured my speech recognition to work however FS2Crew does not respond to my voice commands. I have set control to voice activated in the setup menu and selected my input device as MPOW HC but still nothing. In fact when I try to exit P3D the program hangs and I can't exit the sim. When I look at task manager I do notice that there is a program called  "as_audio 32 bit" when I'm using a 64 bit system but I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

Any Ideas?

Jim

Jim Vasto

Hi Jim,

As_audio is part of Active Sky I think.

Check that your speech recognizer is set to ENGLISH US.  If you're an American, it already will be.

Watch out for some 3rd party audio programs.  See this:

Question: I'm running Windows 10.  The system is not hearing my voice.

Answer:

Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed.  You don't need their bloatware. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Exiting that software prior to loading FS solved the issue for him.

If using a laptop, you may need to disable your built in mic on the laptop in order for your headset mic to be detected.

In your Windows "Power Options", ensure that "USB Selective Suspend Setting" is Disabled.

Make sure you're using the Green Bar (DSP on the FS2Crew Main Panel).  You need to be able to 'see' what the Speech Recognition system is "hearing".

15 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Jim,

As_audio is part of Active Sky I think.

Check that your speech recognizer is set to ENGLISH US.  If you're an American, it already will be.

Watch out for some 3rd party audio programs.  See this:

Question: I'm running Windows 10.  The system is not hearing my voice.

Answer:

Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed.  You don't need their bloatware. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Exiting that software prior to loading FS solved the issue for him.

If using a laptop, you may need to disable your built in mic on the laptop in order for your headset mic to be detected.

In your Windows "Power Options", ensure that "USB Selective Suspend Setting" is Disabled.

Make sure you're using the Green Bar (DSP on the FS2Crew Main Panel).  You need to be able to 'see' what the Speech Recognition system is "hearing".

Hi Bryan, I've followed all your suggestions, the only one that was new was the "USB Selective Suspend Setting" is Disabled, but the problem continues. No voice command and the program hangs up when I try to shut it down. The button control works but not the voice which unfortunately was why I purchased the software. I use to run FS2Crew with 737ngx on a previous computer system with no issues but for some reason it's not working on this one.

What is the return policy?

Jim

Jim Vasto

2 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Jim,

Are you positive your speech recognizer is set to English US?

Attach a screen shot of your setting.

How do I attach an image? I only see insert image from URL?

Jim Vasto