Sign in to follow this  
Guest ice1811

Final Version Worse than Demo?

Guest Binkles

Ok I have a demo download of FSX, and I don't have a kick #### machine, in fact I've got something at the lower end - 2400+ 1gig and a Ti4200.I tried the demo, and although my frame rates were around 12~17 I thought it was still a lot better than fs9, I didn't have autogen on, so that would of helped, but I had a lot of the sliders more on the right side than the left, except for traffic, and autogen.I put 1 of autogen on and admit, it was a bit hard for my machine to take it.But considering I thought I wouldn't be able to run it, I think it's done bloody well!I see some people who have some major systems, compared to mine, and you're saying that it's running worse than FS9? Well I've pretty much got a basic install of fs9 and even with some nice scenery (mainly godzone) I still believe that FSX looks way better.I can't wait to get FSX - or is it worse than the demo?Would be interesting to see what the developers used as a test system (I know it's been posted somewhere) but I'm betting it wasn't out of reach of that many people.If you really don't like it - send it to me - I'm hanging out for the 26th with the expectation that I won't be running all the bells and whistles, but they will be usable one day!

Guest ice1811

I am curious as well. The demo runs acceptably on my low end computer (2.8 g P4, 768 Ram, Ti4400 128 MB), even with all sorts of cars and boats. I also understand that the demo does not have that much going on it as far terrain, buildings, etc. It sounds like the final elease is a lot slower than the demo...I was hoping the demo would be a good indicator of performance.

A 2.8G/728 RAM/128 video will not perform excitingly When using FSX, my RAM usage is up around 1,3Gigs, so what are you gonna do? fly half a sim?Once you leave that "preferred" area, your framerates will plumit. To less than 6 if at all...I think MS chose that area for a demo because it has lots of water, so few tiles to actually display.And a dreamy scenery of palm trees and warm water textures... ahh wish I was there (translatable to wish I had FSX ??)A misleading setup IMHO, if they had made the demo in a populated and more complex area, it would have been a disaster for them.So marketing rule #1 is to sell your product, not to make it look unsellable.

Guest ice1811

I agree...heck, I dont even have a DVD drive to load the final FSX on my computer!!!! I am happy with FS9, but would have loved to been able to run FSX. I would rather save for an entirely new computer than spend hundreds to upgrade my old machine for one program. My motherboard is AGP as well, so I think it makes sense to hold off.