Sign in to follow this  
jetsetterace

Longtime Lurker Showing Himself!

Good evening to all! You may adjust that statement to suit whichever time zone you're reading this in 😂

Flight simulation has long been one of my hobbies. Other things in life have captured my interest over the last few years, leading me to not fool with sims as much. And now I'm back! As the title would suggest, I have lurked in these forums for a very long time. Figure that tonight is as good of a night as any to stop being a stranger, so here I am! My primary sim is P3Dv4.5, but I have experimented with XP11 in the past. My goal is to simulate day-to-day operations of airliners; with most of my in-sim flying being done in North America. To that end, I purchased the PMDG NGXu last night. Going to spend a considerable amount of time familiarizing myself with the operation of the aircraft before taking it up on a full gate-to-gate flight. When I'm not flying, there is a good chance I can be found tinkering with my AI traffic. No sense in flying into one of the mega hubs and I be the only plane in sight!

Looking forward to getting to know people around here, and learning more about flight simulation while I'm at it.

Happy flying!

• Like 1

Ace Jacob | P3Dv4.5 | "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Welcome aboard!!

• Like 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

My simulation activity mirrors yours, and I’ve enjoyed several hundred flights in the PMDG 737. This is a great time for the flight simulation hobby!

Welcome aboard... great to see you here.

• Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Welcome and glad you came out of the closet 😉

The NGXu is an outstanding simulation.  I love it, but will love it more when some of the hardware makers catch up with their dad-gum interface software.

I still can't use my Virtual Avionics MCP/EFIS or Flightdeck Solutions CDU with it.  The buttons work on the CDU, but not the screen. 🤔

It will probably take them six months to get things working. Till then, if I want to use hardware I have to go back to the NGX.

Anyway, you don't want to hear my problems.  Have fun with your NGXu. 😃

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Always makes for a good starting point in a new community, whether it be online or in RL.

3 hours ago, dmiannay said:

My simulation activity mirrors yours, and I’ve enjoyed several hundred flights in the PMDG 737. This is a great time for the flight simulation hobby!

Welcome aboard... great to see you here.

Haven't taken the NGXu in the air just yet; still reading through the documentation and manuals. But I can already tell I'm going to have a blast flying this thing! You are right, it is a great time to be in flight simulation! I cannot recall a past time period where we had such great simulators with so many excellent add-ons at our disposal.

14 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

The NGXu is an outstanding simulation.  I love it, but will love it more when some of the hardware makers catch up with their dad-gum interface software.

I still can't use my Virtual Avionics MCP/EFIS or Flightdeck Solutions CDU with it.  The buttons work on the CDU, but not the screen. 🤔

It will probably take them six months to get things working. Till then, if I want to use hardware I have to go back to the NGX.

Anyway, you don't want to hear my problems.  Have fun with your NGXu. 😃

Good thing I haven't invested in a ton of hardware (yet). Only thing I have to do hardware related at the moment is get switches and buttons on my Thrustmaster HOTAS configured to my liking.

On the subject of hardware, I'm in the process of designing a desk that will allow for ideal mounting of a yoke, throttles, and foot pedals. I already have an older Saitek set, but am seriously considering picking up the Honeycomb yoke once I get a little more flightsim money. Their upcoming throttle quadrant looks excellent, too.

Ace Jacob | P3Dv4.5 | "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

You have been a member since 2014 and happy you have decided to contribute your knowledge and interests to the rest of the Flight Simulation community.  If you have questions, I'm sure you'll get a good response from our members.  I have learned a lot about the Aviation World and how aircraft operate through the forums here at AVSIM.  I still have a lot to learn and enjoy!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10