Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Wow - Rob has airports now - his own -- Sim Horizon

I've seen this too recently. But I'm missing some descriptions. With what features does it come with, does it fit with ORBX PNW, any animations?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I assume they product is in testing.  Downloads can never be out of stocks but wow those pics look real nice.

Atleast I know Rob will test his products with all the major addons for example with Orbx - that way less headaches.  Rob are you going to be following the proper new way to install - outside the sim root directory (please say yes).

Looking forward to your products

PS - Want me to test something? 😜

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

21 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Downloads can never be out of stocks

Really? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Images are Google Earth placeholders or so it appears.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

47 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Where did that negative post claiming that this splendid foray by Rob would stop him 'whining; disappear to?

It was sent to its rightful location......the garbage bin.

• Like 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

It was sent to its rightful location......the garbage bin.

Sorry guys, but when someone Trolls a person like Rob Ainscough, well, i don't wish to derail a thread but I just can't help it.

True, Rob is a friend of mine, and even though he and I don't always agree i have loads of respect for him otherwise he wouldn't be a friend.  More than being VERY technically astute, Rob is the genuine article, a really good guy and the type of person who doesn't create or respond to a post unless he has something worthwhile to say.  He's also a humane being, and from time to time he makes mistakes just like the rest of us - though I'm hard pressed to recall one.

Rob has donated an incredible about of his time and knowledge to research some incredibly technical topics in order to help individuals and the community as a whole. So how and why does someone like Rob get trolled? Many of you guys know the answer, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Some people just can't stand to see someone stand up in the community (any community) and do something. They will go to any lengths to show the world that the person is just as undeserving as they are of any praise, appreciation or earning a level of standing in the  community. And why not do it? After all, all they have to do is take a minute or two and twist, turn, and distort something the person posted or said, take it out of context, and say see! He's not deserving of any credit, he's nothing special!.  They don't need a formal education or experience in the subject matter, they don't have to spend an entire week researching and documenting something, that would be a waste of their time!  They can weigh in and belittle the person in mere minutes.

Such people are under the delusion that others appreciate their attempt to kick the legs out beneath another person and/or that by doing this they gain the respect of others. It's just not the case.

Rob, I am proud of you. I am proud of you for how you weather such things and for having the fortitude necessary to be a good person, I am proud of you for all you have done for the flight sim community and the people you have selflessly donated your time and knowledge to help them along the way, and I am proud of you for having the courage to risk investing your time, effort and money to start a business which will provide scenery for airports that other developers skip over. But more than anything, I am proud to stand beside you and call you my friend.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 6

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Guess what gentlemen, bashing of someone the caliber of Rob will not be tolerated.  Christopher was correct as to where the negative comments went. They were deleted as they were offensive, highly inappropriate, and a violation of our TOS. Personal attacks simply won't be tolerated.

If there are any more posts such as the ones that were posted about Rob or any other member of these forums, then someone will get a vacation. This is the first and final warning.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 minute ago, 188AHC said:

Guess what gentlemen, bashing of someone the caliber of Rob will not be tolerated

What calibre of person can we bash? Just asking. :smile:

3 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

or any other member of these forums,

Just saw this bit. Got it. :biggrin:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Guess what gentlemen, bashing of someone the caliber of Rob will not be tolerated.  Christopher was correct as to where the negative comments went. They were deleted as they were offensive, highly inappropriate, and a violation of our TOS. Personal attacks simply won't be tolerated.

If there are any more posts such as the ones that were posted about Rob or any other member of these forums, then someone will get a vacation. This is the first and final warning.

Well can we at least vote on when his vacation starts??😂

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

51 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Wow, Happy holidays to all and a Merry Christmas.  What's in the Eggnog? 🙂 

Haha, that's Pete!  As for me I'm currently "self-employed" hence Sim Horizon LLC ... so vacations neither come nor go and work always travels with me.  But, I am looking for more "stable" work in one of many Boeing owned companies out here in the PNW ... fingers crossed as I'm on the short list ... meanwhile I study up on the more esoteric aspects of C++, C#, and Entity Frameworks geospatial data types.  I love the learning experience that goes with the "job" (paid or unpaid) ... so much to learn and so little time but the ultimate goal is to provide a better simulation experience for all regardless of platform choice.

Cheers, Rob.

You will do great.  Looking forward to hear about your journey.  I always thought you lived in the LA area...

But wow in PNW!!!! amazing

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Wish you the best, Rob. The right job will find you. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals