Sign in to follow this  
Baber20

John Venema listed as 3rd Party Dev

Apparently John Venema of Orbx is currently listed as a 3rd Party dev and is assigned to a 3rd Party Developers Group with a few others on MSFS forum. He also has access to Tech Alpha 1. Quite interesting as they havent made any official announcement yet.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/u/waxycloud394345/summary

You can view the complete list of 3rd party devs here

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/g/GRP_KH_ALPHA_DEV_19

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

plus (at least)  Alabeo, Carenado, fsdreamteam & Milviz.

Can you login into this form? I am a mere mortal user (albeit insider + registered for the forum) and can't.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

Can you login into this form? I am a mere mortal user (albeit insider + registered for the forum) and can't.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes, You can. Even if You are not in the Alpha Testers Group.

Perhaps a MS forum moderator still has to activate your account.

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

I can't either.

31 minutes ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

There are still a few who cant access the forum. I got access a few days back although I am not a tech alpha tester and I cant view tech alpha forum. The stats show that the forum is exploding with posts from tech alpha testers. In excess of 2k posts made each day. 

Baber

I had access a few days ago, but now get an error message:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops

The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience....

Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We'll take a look at it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll just sit back and wait. Anyway, it's a good sign they confirm 3rd party partners.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

There's someone called "OrbxEd" too, I think there was an Ed at Orbx as well. Seems like they're getting fully involved, along with some other developers that FDEdev mentioned above.

Let's hope for a barrage of partnership announcements soon...

• Upvote 1

Forum users self-identify as third-party developers, just as virtually everyone on this forum imagines himself to be a third-party developers. Such self-pronouncements in no way indicate a formal business partnership with Asobo for their products to be incorporated into the base sim.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

16 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Forum users self-identify as third-party developers, just as virtually everyone on this forum imagines himself to be a third-party developers. Such self-pronouncements in no way indicate a formal business partnership with Asobo for their products to be incorporated into the base sim.

Linked profiles are actually members of a group called 3rd Party Developers. You cant just join that group. I mean you can send a request but a mod has to approve it and highly doubt they are allowing random nobodys to join that group without verification. There are only 37 members.

• Like 1

Baber

Just now, Baber20 said:

Linked profiles are actually members of a group called 3rd Party Developers. You cant just join that group. I mean you can send a request but a mod has to approve it and highly doubt they are allowing random nobodys to join that group without verification. There are only 37 members.

You are correct, Sir. I stand corrected.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.