Sign in to follow this  
McDANIEL_Douglas

FSX/SE and its scroll down menu CTD

I have the QW 787 too and found the following link where they discuss bugsplat as an error reporting log - http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/ultimate-787-sp2-released-hello-dash-10_topic13129&FID=68&PR=3.html.  Bugsplat was shown as the cause of your crash (or at least it was shown as the Faulting Module).  This makes me think your anti-virus program quarantined something related and it no longer works properly. 

Unrelated, I see you are from Padua.  I was stationed nearby in Vicenza in the late 70's for 3 years.  Worked with the Carabinieri who maintained an office in our building on Caserma Ederle and were great pool players!  Beautiful area, great wine, and really nice people!

• Like 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 12/20/2019 at 2:57 PM, Jim Young said:

I have the QW 787 too and found the following link where they discuss bugsplat as an error reporting log - http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/ultimate-787-sp2-released-hello-dash-10_topic13129&FID=68&PR=3.html.  Bugsplat was shown as the cause of your crash (or at least it was shown as the Faulting Module).  This makes me think your anti-virus program quarantined something related and it no longer works properly. 

Unrelated, I see you are from Padua.  I was stationed nearby in Vicenza in the late 70's for 3 years.  Worked with the Carabinieri who maintained an office in our building on Caserma Ederle and were great pool players!  Beautiful area, great wine, and really nice people!

Hi Jim!

Sorry for my absence since we've talked. Anyway, I found the solution for my annoying problem and now I am flying without any issue. 

So, in that CTD guide, I've read to not change the version of the uiautomationcore.dll in my FSX SE version. But I wanted to give it a try and... Boom! After injecting the other uiautomationcore file version into my simulator, I started seeing everything running as supposed to. Some weeks passed and I can use the bar menu as many time as I need without seeing crashes! I can say I am enjoying my QW787 and all PMDG planes again!

By the way, I am glad you lived some enjoyable years here in Italy! Now, that Caserma Ederle became bigger. The civil airport was cancelled to make room for the base. That's ok! 

Cheers! 😉

Daniel Sinico.

(sorry for my English mistakes).