Sign in to follow this  
Scottoest

Any Reaction to the Alpha Yet?

4 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

I don't have access to any of the TAs so my feedback is based on what I've seen been leaked on various forums.

The feedback is overwhelmingly positive, everything from how it performs on current hardware i.e very high frame rates with high settings and on high resolution  to how it looks and feels.

It would be nice if MS opened up the forums to all insiders regardless of if they have access to the TAs yet - this would be a better way of discussing topics like this rather than having to skirt around the details .

Agreed.  Just make agreeing to the NDA a step in registering for the forums.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

It would be nice if MS opened up the forums to all insiders regardless of if they have access to the TAs yet - this would be a better way of discussing topics like this rather than having to skirt around the details .

I second this. Microsoft/Asobo please make this happen.

• Like 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

The NDA is very explicit in what they expect. One of the items is, "Do not describe any part of the game on any venue unless we've instructed you to."

NAX669.png

The NDA also said that any footage capture is strictly prohibited, so that screenshot thread sounds weird. Since the reaction seems to be overwhelmingly positive, I hope they do reconsider and open the forums up.

Honestly, my main issue is that the swords/axes are INCREDIBLY unbalanced, and the romance options are far too limited.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Looking at it from another point of view, the NDA doesn't prohibit testers from talking about other flight simulators.

So in theory, one could say things like (purely hypothetical): "I think XP not having scenery pop-ups is one big positive it has", or (opposite example): "I think XP ought to really improve its performance", or (still another example): "P3D ATC/AI is a really, really capable system!".

Or things like: "It is a good thing that LM/LR incomes do not depend exclusively on their PC flight sim". ☺️

If the statement has no comparison at all with MFS, the NDA is respected.

But this post was just for fun, I doubt any tester is gonna do anything like that. ☺️

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

10 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Looking at it from another point of view, the NDA doesn't prohibit testers from talking about other flight simulators.

So in theory, one could say things like (purely hypothetical): "I think XP not having scenery pop-ups is one big positive it has", or (opposite example): "I think XP ought to really improve its performance", or (still another example): "P3D ATC/AI is a really, really capable system!".

Or things like: "It is a good thing that LM/LR incomes do not depend exclusively on their PC flight sim". ☺️

If the statement has no comparison at all with MFS, the NDA is respected.

But this post was just for fun, I doubt any tester is gonna do anything like that. ☺️

A lot of people will be disappointed that XP did not die, but variety is the spice of life! XP will continue to be my simulator of choice for reasons I can not talk about. What XP needs to continue its momentum into the future is a revamp clouds/weather, an ATC fix and maybe some autogen tweaks along with some more region specific tress/scenery... It's foundation is solid!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

59 minutes ago, dongdongliushui said:

I very much respect the NDA. Yet can any positive impressions be posted as they will not harm the product in any way?

From the NDA:

3. Do not describe any part of the Game on any venue unless we’ve instructed you to.

So, no.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, roarkr said:

If there is a ton of feedback, then there are at least many hundreds kilo of bugs. I guess we will see a release not earlier than 2021.

it could be that a ton of people reported the same bug, that ton of reports will turn into a single issue, doesn't it? 😉

• Like 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Given the difficulty many flight sim users seem to have in interpreting legal documents, I’m pleasantly surprised how well respected this one seems to be. 

• Like 1

Someone posted pics of Tampa and Atlanta airport on facebook today. I downloaded the pics because I knew it would be removed as soon as the mod sees it. All I can say is that the product is very much in alpha and it will be long time before it is ready. Or they can leave that segment to the 3rd party devs.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I think it's going to be inevitable that plenty of airports are going to require third party attention.  Azure-assisted autogen isn't going to be able to recreate entire airports with detail or accuracy, and Asobo themselves obviously wouldn't have the time or resources to give thousands of airports handcrafted attention.

This is part of why I was interested to see a Discovery Series episode on the airports - because I want to know what their working "solution" is, to try and put 40,000+ airports in the world that don't look like absolute junk, and have actual functionality, knowing that it's not like they can hand-model and check them all, as that's completely impractical.

• Upvote 2