Sign in to follow this  
jackcnd

FSX Deluxe : Is this a Red Gold Cessna ?

Guest archtx

Can you maybe copy over the textures from FS9?

It's got a badass Mattituck Red-Gold engine under the hood :D -Cory

-Cory Crabtree

Guest Thad

Try this, select the Red, Gold Skyhawk by clicking the OK button. Then go back and try and change to one of the other Skyhawk color variations. Didn't work did it? After selecting the Red, Gold variation you can't select another color variation until you restart FSX.-Thad

I checked the files, looks like MS left it out?Maybe someone can check the standard and beta discs for the missing directory...C:FS_XSimObjectsAirplanesC172texture.5If you look under C:FS_XSimObjectsAirplanesC172aircraft.cfg copied below.. The texture= should be texture=5, with a texture.5 directory. The texture.5 dir does not exist.I tried to copy files from FS2004 but it did not work, FS2004 is using .bmp where FSX is using .ddsAny have any suggestions...[fltsim.5]title=Cessna Skyhawk 172SPsim=Cessna172SPmodel=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=Cessna172SP_checkkb_reference=Cessna172SP_refatc_id=N760PLui_manufacturer="Cessna"ui_type="C172SP Skyhawk"ui_variation=" Red, Gold"ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"description="A stable and trustworthy plane, most pilots have logged ...

Guest nels

Oh no this is pretty bad news. Microsoft have left out textures! Can we have an official comment from ACES on this? Paul?I must say the write ups for FSX in this forum are not great at all. ACES can you lift the spirit in this forum?

In their rush they must've left it out. Like they forgot about replacing the desert airstrip textures in Alaska.

Guest archtx

It may not matter that the FS2004 textures are bitmaps. FSX handles imported FS2004 planes that have bmp textures. However, I suppose they could be altered to dss using DXTBMP.

There is a basic texture folder and textures 1,2,3,4 and G1000. If the texture for the red/gold calls out the texture folder and it should be texture.5 then what is the basic texture folder for? There are no other variations that specify the texture folder other than the red/gold one. Regards, Bob.

Jeez, what a joke. This team just slapped it together and pushed it out the door. :-roll

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired