Sign in to follow this  
Timberleaf

[RESOLVED] Conflict w/ Alienware Support Assist and PMDG

This is intended to be more informational than a complaint-in-nature or need for help. I have found, at least on my computer system, WHY PMDG aircraft keep disappearing from my installed library (Control Panel). I have an Alienware 51 R5, and it has with it something called "Support Assist". It helps with keeping the System clean and running at peak efficiency (supposedly). HOWEVER, one of the things it does inadvertently is remove installed PMDG aircraft from the list of installed programs. Meaning, you won't see them in the installed programs list, and PMDG Operations Center won't see them, either. Though, I can still fly with the aircraft, regardless of this unfortunate circumstance.

The only remedy that I know of is to RE-INSTALL the aircraft again. This enters them into the Ops Center, registry, and list of installed programs again. This process takes from 15 - 30 minutes, and requires me to reactivate the FS2Crew panels (just in the Panel.CFG, not the entire program), which is a minuscule amount of time.

I don't know WHY this program is messing with the PMDG entries. I just know that it DOES. Perhaps a resolution can be found in the future. Since I don't have the ear of either groups of people, I am not sure how a solution can be found.

I have repeated / recreated this process now 3 times.

System: Windows 10 64bit Home, Alienware 51 R5 i7 9800X @ 3.8 GHz (OC 4.5), 32G RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080

Maybe the best solution is to uninstall "Support Assist" as it seems to do the opposite.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020